DON’T GIVE UP YET
There are moments when giving up feels easier than continuing.
You have prayed for so long.
You have waited for so long.
You have tried again and again.
You have endured disappointment, rejection, uncertainty, and setbacks.
Now you are tired.
You may even be asking yourself, “How much longer can I keep doing this?”
But before you walk away, before you abandon your faith, before you conclude that nothing will ever change, remember this:
DON’T GIVE UP YET.
You may be closer than you think.
Sometimes the greatest temptation to quit comes immediately before a significant change. You may not know how close you are because you cannot see what is happening beyond your present circumstances.
God never promised that the journey would always be easy.
He promised to be with you through it.
KEY SCRIPTURE
“And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.” — Galatians 6:9
Notice the words “in due season.”
There is a season for sowing.
There is a season for waiting.
There is a season for growing.
And there is a season for reaping.
The danger is becoming weary during the interval between sowing and reaping.
You may have planted faithfully but have not yet seen the harvest.
That does not mean the seed was wasted.
Keep going.
YOUR TIREDNESS DOES NOT MEAN GOD IS FINISHED
Being tired does not mean you have failed.
Even faithful people become weary.
There are moments when your emotions become exhausted even though your faith remains.
You can love God and still feel tired.
You can trust God and still wonder how much longer.
You can believe the promise and still struggle with discouragement.
The important thing is not that you never become weary.
The important thing is that you do not allow weariness to make the final decision for you.
Sometimes you simply need to rest, recover, pray, and continue.
Rest if you need to—but don't quit because you are tired.
THE TWIST
Here is the twist:
You may be interpreting exhaustion as evidence that you should stop when it may simply mean that you need renewed strength.
Elijah became exhausted after a tremendous spiritual victory. He reached a point where he wanted to give up.
God did not condemn him.
God provided rest and nourishment and then continued to lead him.
Sometimes the answer is not abandonment of the assignment.
Sometimes the answer is renewal.
There is a difference between “God is telling me to stop” and “I am exhausted and need to recover.”
Learn the difference.
WHAT CAN I LEARN?
I can learn that discouragement is not always a reliable indicator of God's direction.
I can learn that difficult circumstances do not automatically mean I am on the wrong path.
I can learn that perseverance is part of faith.
I can learn that some things require consistency before results become visible.
I can learn that quitting too early can cause me to walk away from something God was still developing.
Therefore, I must learn to pray before I make decisions from exhaustion.
HOW DOES IT APPLY TO ME?
If you are tired today, take your weariness to God.
Don't hide it.
Tell Him exactly how you feel.
Ask Him for renewed strength.
Ask Him for wisdom.
Ask Him whether you need to continue, change direction, or simply rest for a season.
But don't make a permanent decision simply because you are experiencing temporary discouragement.
You may not need a new assignment.
You may need renewed strength for the assignment you already have.
Keep doing what God has already instructed you to do.
Keep showing up.
Keep believing.
Keep serving.
Keep praying.
FINAL REFLECTION
You don't know what tomorrow may bring.
You don't know what conversation may happen.
You don't know what opportunity may appear.
You don't know what door God may open.
You don't know what breakthrough may be developing.
Therefore, don't close the story today.
Give God room to finish what He has begun.
You may not see the harvest yet.
But that does not mean the seed is dead.
DON'T GIVE UP YET.
CONCLUSION
If God has not told you to stop, don't let disappointment tell you to quit.
Rest when necessary.
Change what needs changing.
Learn what needs learning.
But keep your faith.
The chapter may be difficult, but it is not necessarily the final chapter.
You are still here. God is still here. The story is still being written.
PRAYER
Father, when I become tired and discouraged, strengthen me.
Help me not to make permanent decisions because of temporary frustration.
Give me wisdom to know when I need to rest, when I need to persevere, and when I need to change direction.
Renew my strength.
Restore my hope.
Help me remain faithful when results are slow.
Give me courage to continue until You complete what You have begun.
In Jesus' name, Amen.
BIBLE REFERENCE:
Isaiah 40:31 — “They that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength.”

Comments
Post a Comment