CHOOSE THE WAY THAT LEADS TO CHRIST

CHOOSE THE WAY THAT LEADS TO CHRIST

THE WAY, THE TRUTH, AND THE LIFE

Key Scripture

📖 John 14:6 (NKJV)
"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.'"

📖 Matthew 7:14 (NKJV)
"Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."

Introduction

There is a question that every human being must answer, whether consciously or unconsciously. It is the question that determines the trajectory of your life, the quality of your relationships, the state of your soul, and your eternal destiny. It is the question that has been asked by philosophers, poets, and prophets throughout the ages. It is the question: What is the way? What is the path that leads to life? What is the road that leads to God?

The world offers many answers. It tells us that there are many paths to God, many roads to enlightenment, many ways to heaven. It tells us that as long as we are sincere, as long as we are good people, as long as we try our best, we will arrive at the right destination. It tells us that all religions are essentially the same, that all paths lead to the same mountain top, that there is no exclusive way. But Jesus gave a radically different answer. He did not say, "I am one of many ways." He did not say, "I am a good way." He did not say, "I am a helpful way." He said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

The Greek word for "way" is hodos, which means a way, a road, a path, or a journey. The word for "truth" is alētheia, which means truth, reality, or verity. The word for "life" is zōē, which means life in the fullest sense—spiritual life, abundant life, eternal life. Jesus is saying, "I am the way. I am the truth. I am the life. I am not one way among many. I am the only way. I am not one truth among many. I am the only truth. I am not one life among many. I am the only life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

And then Jesus added another crucial truth: "Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it." The Greek word for "narrow" is stenos, which means narrow, compressed, or confined. The word for "difficult" is thlibō, which means to press, to squeeze, to trouble, or to afflict. The word for "gate" is pylē, which means a gate, a door, or an entrance. The word for "few" is oligos, which means few, little, or small. Jesus is saying, "The way that leads to life is narrow. It is difficult. It is not the popular way. It is not the easy way. It is not the broad way. And few find it."

This teaching is for everyone who is seeking the way. It is for the one who is confused by the many voices competing for their attention. It is for the one who has been told that all paths lead to God. It is for the one who wants to know the truth. It is for the one who needs to understand that Jesus is the only way. It is time to choose the way that leads to Christ. It is time to choose the narrow gate. It is time to choose the difficult way. It is time to choose Jesus.

Biblical Truth

John 14:6 and Matthew 7:14 together provide a powerful biblical framework for understanding that Jesus is the only way to God. They reveal that He is the way, the truth, and the life, and that the way that leads to life is narrow and difficult, and few find it.

John 14:6 is one of the most exclusive and controversial statements in all of Scripture. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." The context is critical. Jesus had just washed His disciples' feet. He had just told them that He was going away. He had just told them that they would follow Him later. And Thomas, ever the skeptic, asked, "Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?" (John 14:5). Jesus responded with this powerful declaration.

The Greek word for "way" is hodos, which means a way, a road, a path, or a journey. It is the same word used in Matthew 7:14, where Jesus speaks of the narrow way that leads to life. Jesus is not just showing the way; He is the way. He is not just pointing to the path; He is the path. He is not just a guide; He is the destination. To know Jesus is to know the way. To follow Jesus is to walk in the way. To abide in Jesus is to remain in the way.

The Greek word for "truth" is alētheia, which means truth, reality, or verity. Jesus is not just speaking the truth; He is the truth. He is the embodiment of truth. He is the revelation of truth. He is the standard of truth. Everything He says is true. Everything He does is true. Everything He is is true. He is the truth about God. He is the truth about humanity. He is the truth about salvation. He is the truth about life. He is the truth.

The Greek word for "life" is zōē, which means life in the fullest sense—spiritual life, abundant life, eternal life. Jesus is not just giving life; He is the life. He is the source of life. He is the sustainer of life. He is the giver of life. He said, "I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly" (John 10:10). He said, "He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live" (John 11:25). He is the life. Apart from Him, there is no life. Apart from Him, there is only death.

The phrase "No one comes to the Father except through Me" is the most exclusive statement in all of Scripture. The Greek word for "no one" is oudeis, which means no one, not one person, or nothing. The word for "comes" is erchomai, which means to come, to go, or to arrive. The word for "except" is ei mē, which means except, unless, or if not. The word for "through" is dia, which means through, by, or by means of. Jesus is saying, "No one. Not one person. No one at all. Comes to the Father. Except through Me. I am the only way. I am the only door. I am the only access. I am the only mediator. I am the only Savior. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

Matthew 7:14 expands on this truth. Jesus said, "Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."

The Greek word for "narrow" is stenos, which means narrow, compressed, or confined. It is the same word used in Matthew 7:13, where Jesus speaks of the narrow gate. The narrow gate is not the popular gate. It is not the easy gate. It is not the broad gate. It is the narrow gate. It is the gate that few find.

The Greek word for "difficult" is thlibō, which means to press, to squeeze, to trouble, or to afflict. It is the same word used in 2 Corinthians 4:8, where Paul says, "We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed." The narrow way is not easy. It is difficult. It is hard-pressed. It is squeezed. It is afflicted. But it leads to life.

The Greek word for "gate" is pylē, which means a gate, a door, or an entrance. The word for "way" is hodos, the same word Jesus used in John 14:6. The word for "life" is zōē, the same word Jesus used in John 14:6. The word for "few" is oligos, which means few, little, or small. The word for "find" is heuriskō, which means to find, to discover, or to obtain. Jesus is saying, "The gate is narrow. The way is difficult. The path is hard. And there are few who find it."

The principle of choosing the way that leads to Christ is woven throughout Scripture. In the Old Testament, God set before Israel two paths: the path of life and the path of death, the path of blessing and the path of cursing (Deuteronomy 30:19). In the New Testament, Jesus set before the crowds two gates: the narrow gate and the wide gate, the difficult way and the broad way (Matthew 7:13-14). The choice is clear. The path is clear. One way leads to life. The other way leads to destruction. One way leads to Christ. The other way leads to death. We must choose the way that leads to Christ.

The example of Jesus is our ultimate model. Jesus is the way. He walked the narrow way. He walked the difficult way. He walked the way of the cross. He said, "Not My will, but Yours, be done" (Luke 22:42). He said, "I have finished the work which You have given Me to do" (John 17:4). He walked the narrow way all the way to the end. And because He did, He secured eternal life for all who believe. He is the way. He is the truth. He is the life. And He calls us to follow Him on the narrow way.

What We Often Get Wrong

The first and most common error is that we believe there are many ways to God. We think that there are many paths to heaven, many roads to enlightenment, many ways to the Father. We think that as long as we are sincere, as long as we are good people, as long as we try our best, we will arrive at the right destination. But Jesus said, "No one comes to the Father except through Me." There is only one way. There is only one door. There is only one mediator. There is only one Savior. Jesus is the only way.

Second, we believe that Jesus is one of many ways. We think that Jesus is a good teacher, a wise prophet, a moral example, but not the only way. We think that we can add Jesus to our list of options. We think that we can mix Jesus with other religions, other philosophies, other spiritualities. But Jesus did not claim to be one of many ways. He claimed to be the only way. He is not a way; He is the way. He is not a truth; He is the truth. He is not a life; He is the life.

Third, we choose the wide gate. We choose the path of least resistance. We choose the easy way. We choose the popular way. We choose the crowded way. We choose the broad way. Because it is comfortable. Because it is convenient. Because it is what everyone else is doing. But the wide gate leads to destruction. The broad way leads to ruin. The easy path leads to death. We must not choose the wide gate. We must choose the narrow gate.

Fourth, we believe that the narrow way is too difficult. We look at the narrow gate. We see how small it is. We see how difficult the path is. We see how few are walking on it. And we are tempted to turn back. We are tempted to take the easier route. We are tempted to abandon the narrow way for the broad way. But Jesus said the narrow way leads to life. The difficult way leads to life. The hard path leads to life. We must not turn back. We must press on. We must continue on the narrow way.

Fifth, we follow the crowd. We see the many people going through the wide gate. We see the crowds on the broad way. And we assume that if everyone is going that way, it must be the right way. But Jesus said that many go through the wide gate. Many walk on the broad way. But it leads to destruction. The crowd is not the standard of truth. The majority is not the measure of righteousness. We must not follow the crowd. We must follow Christ. We must choose the narrow gate.

Sixth, we believe that being a good person is enough. We think that if we are kind, if we are honest, if we are generous, if we are moral, we will be accepted by God. We think that our good works will earn us a place in heaven. But the Bible says, "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast" (Ephesians 2:8-9). We cannot be saved by our good works. We cannot be saved by our morality. We cannot be saved by our sincerity. We can only be saved through faith in Jesus Christ. He is the way. He is the truth. He is the life. No one comes to the Father except through Him.

Seventh, we delay the decision. We think that we can choose later. We think that we have plenty of time. We think that we can put off the decision until a more convenient time. But today is the day of salvation. Today is the day of decision. Tomorrow is not promised. Delaying is a decision in itself—it is a decision to reject Christ today. The choice is now. The choice is today. Choose the way that leads to Christ. Choose it now.

God's Perspective

God views Jesus as the only way. He does not offer multiple paths to Himself. He does not provide many roads to heaven. He has provided one way. One door. One mediator. One Savior. And that way is Jesus Christ. God is not withholding salvation from anyone. He has made the way open to everyone. But the way is narrow. The way is one. The way is Jesus.

God's perspective is that He wants you to choose the narrow way. He does not want you to choose the wide gate. He does not want you to choose the broad way. He does not want you to choose the path of destruction. He wants you to choose the narrow gate. He wants you to choose the difficult way. He wants you to choose the way that leads to life. He is pleading with you to choose life. He is pleading with you to choose Christ.

God sees the narrow way as the way of blessing. It may be difficult. It may be hard. It may be less traveled. But it is the way of blessing. It is the way of joy. It is the way of peace. It is the way of eternal life. The wide gate may be easy. The broad way may be comfortable. But it leads to destruction. The narrow gate is the way of blessing. Choose it.

God's perspective is that Jesus is the only way because He is the only solution. The problem is sin. The penalty is death. The solution is a perfect sacrifice. Only Jesus lived a sinless life. Only Jesus died a substitutionary death. Only Jesus rose from the dead. Only Jesus can save. Only Jesus can redeem. Only Jesus can reconcile. Only Jesus can bring us to the Father. He is the only way because He is the only solution.

God sees your choice as a matter of life and death. He sets before you life and death, blessing and cursing. He sets before you the narrow gate and the wide gate. He sets before you the difficult way and the broad way. He sets before you Christ and destruction. He pleads with you to choose life. He pleads with you to choose Christ. The choice is yours. But choose wisely. Because your choice determines your destiny.

Practical Application

Choose Jesus as Your Only Way: Make Jesus your only way. Not one way among many. Not a good way. Not a helpful way. But the only way. Say, "Jesus, I choose You. I choose You as my way. I choose You as my truth. I choose You as my life. I choose You as my only way to the Father. I believe that You are the only way. I trust in You alone for my salvation."

Enter Through the Narrow Gate: Choose the narrow gate. Do not choose the wide gate. Do not choose the broad way. Do not choose the easy path. Choose the narrow gate. Choose the difficult way. Choose the path that leads to life. It may not be popular. It may not be easy. It may not be crowded. But it leads to life. Enter through the narrow gate.

Walk the Narrow Way: Once you have entered through the narrow gate, walk the narrow way. Stay on the path. Do not turn to the right or to the left. Do not deviate. Do not get distracted. Keep walking. Keep pressing on. Keep moving forward. The narrow way is difficult, but it leads to life. Walk it with endurance. Walk it with faith. Walk it with your eyes on Jesus.

Do Not Follow the Crowd: Do not follow the crowd through the wide gate. Do not follow the majority on the broad way. Do not be swayed by the opinions of others. Do not be pressured by the culture. Do not be conformed to the world. Choose the narrow gate. Choose the difficult way. Choose the path that leads to life. Even if you have to walk alone. Even if you have to stand against the crowd. Choose the narrow gate.

Point Others to Christ: You are not the only one on the journey. There are others who are walking on the broad way. There are others who are heading toward destruction. Help them. Share the truth with them. Tell them about Jesus. Tell them about the narrow gate. Tell them about the way that leads to life. Point them to Christ. He is the only way.

Keep Your Eyes on Jesus: The key to walking the narrow way is keeping your eyes on Jesus. He is the author and finisher of your faith (Hebrews 12:2). He is the way. He is the truth. He is the life. Fix your eyes on Him. Not on the obstacles. Not on the circumstances. Not on your own strength. Fix your eyes on Jesus. He will lead you on the right path. He will guide you to the right destination. He will bring you home.

Choose Today: Do not delay. Do not put it off. Do not wait for a more convenient time. Today is the day of salvation. Today is the day of decision. Tomorrow is not promised. Choose the way that leads to Christ. Choose it today. Choose it now.

Ask Yourself

Have I chosen Jesus as my only way?

Am I walking on the narrow way or the broad way?

Am I following the crowd or following Christ?

Am I trusting in my own good works or in Christ alone?

Am I pointing others to Christ?

Am I keeping my eyes on Jesus?

Am I walking the narrow way with endurance?

Have I chosen the way that leads to Christ?

Reflection

Choose the way that leads to Christ. This is the truth. This is the call. This is the invitation. There are many paths in this world. There are many roads. There are many gates. But only one way leads to the Father. Only one way leads to life. Only one way leads to salvation. Only one way leads to Christ. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." He is the only way. He is the truth. He is the life. Choose Him.

Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it. This is the truth. This is the warning. This is the invitation. The narrow gate is not the popular gate. The difficult way is not the easy way. The path that leads to life is not the path that everyone is walking. It is narrow. It is difficult. It is less traveled. But it leads to life. Choose the narrow gate. Choose the difficult way. Choose the way that leads to Christ.

So choose the way that leads to Christ. Choose Jesus as your only way. Enter through the narrow gate. Walk the narrow way. Do not follow the crowd. Point others to Christ. Keep your eyes on Jesus. Choose today. And you will discover that when you choose the way that leads to Christ, you will find life. You will find truth. You will find salvation. You will find eternal joy. You will find the Father. You will find home. Choose the way that leads to Christ. He is the only way. Choose Him.

Prayer

Father, I confess that I have been confused by the many voices competing for my attention. I have been tempted to believe that there are many ways to You. I have been tempted to believe that Jesus is one of many ways. I have been tempted to choose the wide gate. Forgive me. Today, I choose the way that leads to Christ. I choose Jesus as my only way. I choose Him as my truth. I choose Him as my life. I believe that He is the only way to the Father. I believe that no one comes to You except through Him. I enter through the narrow gate. I choose the difficult way. I choose the path that leads to life. I will not follow the crowd. I will follow Christ. I will keep my eyes on Jesus. I will walk the narrow way with endurance. I will point others to Him. I choose today. I choose Christ. I choose life. In Jesus' mighty name, Amen.

Declaration

I declare that I choose the way that leads to Christ. Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Him. He is the only way. He is the only truth. He is the only life. I choose Him. I choose the narrow gate. I choose the difficult way. I choose the path that leads to life. I will not choose the wide gate. I will not choose the broad way. I will not choose the path that leads to destruction. I will not follow the crowd. I will follow Christ. I will walk the narrow way. I will keep my eyes on Jesus. I will point others to Him. I will choose today. I choose the way that leads to Christ. He is the only way. He is the truth. He is the life. I choose Him. I choose Him. I choose Him.

Concluding Scripture

📖 John 14:6 (NKJV)
"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.'"

A Final Word

Choose the way that leads to Christ. This is the truth. This is the call. This is the invitation. There are many paths in this world. There are many roads. There are many gates. But only one way leads to the Father. Only one way leads to life. Only one way leads to salvation. Only one way leads to Christ. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." He is the only way. He is the truth. He is the life. Choose Him.

Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it. This is the truth. This is the warning. This is the invitation. The narrow gate is not the popular gate. The difficult way is not the easy way. The path that leads to life is not the path that everyone is walking. It is narrow. It is difficult. It is less traveled. But it leads to life. Choose the narrow gate. Choose the difficult way. Choose the way that leads to Christ.

So choose the way that leads to Christ. Choose Jesus as your only way. Enter through the narrow gate. Walk the narrow way. Do not follow the crowd. Point others to Christ. Keep your eyes on Jesus. Choose today. And you will discover that when you choose the way that leads to Christ, you will find life. You will find truth. You will find salvation. You will find eternal joy. You will find the Father. You will find home. Choose the way that leads to Christ. He is the only way. Choose Him.

Comments