WHEN GOD BECOMES YOUR GREATEST PURSUIT

WHEN GOD BECOMES YOUR GREATEST PURSUIT

THE SOUL THAT THIRSTS FOR HIM

Key Scripture

📖 Psalm 42:1–2 (NKJV)
"As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God?"

📖 Philippians 3:8 (NKJV)
"Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ."

Introduction

There is a pursuit that is greater than any other pursuit. It is greater than the pursuit of wealth. It is greater than the pursuit of success. It is greater than the pursuit of happiness. It is greater than the pursuit of purpose. It is the pursuit of God Himself. It is the longing of the soul for the living God. It is the thirst of the heart for the fountain of living waters. It is the hunger of the spirit for the bread of life. It is the pursuit of the One who created you, who redeemed you, who loves you, and who alone can satisfy the deepest longings of your soul.

The psalmist David understood this pursuit. He wrote, "As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God?" The Hebrew word for "pants" is arag, which means to pant, to long for, to cry out, or to yearn. It is the picture of a deer that has been running through the wilderness, exhausted and desperate, searching for water. It is the picture of a soul that is desperate for God. The word for "thirsts" is tsama, which means to thirst, to be thirsty, or to long for. It is the same word used in Psalm 63:1, where David says, "O God, You are my God; early will I seek You; my soul thirsts for You; my flesh longs for You in a dry and thirsty land where there is no water."

David was not content with a casual relationship with God. He was not satisfied with a Sunday-only faith. He was not satisfied with a superficial acquaintance with the Almighty. He wanted more. He wanted deeper. He wanted to know God. He wanted to see God. He wanted to be in His presence. His soul panted for God. His soul thirsted for God. God was his greatest pursuit.

The Apostle Paul understood this too. He had every reason to boast in his religious credentials. He was a Hebrew of Hebrews, a Pharisee of Pharisees, a man of extraordinary religious pedigree. He had studied under Gamaliel. He had persecuted the church. He had zealously followed the law. But when he encountered Christ on the Damascus Road, everything changed. He wrote, "Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ." The Greek word for "count" is hēgeomai, which means to consider, to regard, or to count. The word for "loss" is zēmia, which means loss, damage, or disadvantage. The word for "excellence" is hyperechō, which means to surpass, to excel, or to be above. The word for "knowledge" is gnōsis, which means knowledge, understanding, or acquaintance. The word for "rubbish" is skybalon, which means dung, refuse, or garbage.

Paul was saying, "I count everything as loss for the surpassing worth of knowing Christ. I have suffered the loss of all things. I consider them rubbish. I consider them garbage. I consider them dung. Because nothing compares to knowing Christ. Nothing compares to the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord. He is my greatest pursuit."

This teaching is for everyone who has ever pursued anything else above God. It is for the one who has been chasing after wealth, success, happiness, or purpose, and has found them empty. It is for the one who has been satisfied with a shallow relationship with God and is longing for something deeper. It is for the one who wants to know God more. It is for the one who needs to understand what it means when God becomes your greatest pursuit. It is time to pursue God. It is time to make Him your greatest pursuit.

Biblical Truth

Psalm 42:1–2 and Philippians 3:8 together provide a powerful biblical framework for understanding what it means to pursue God as your greatest pursuit. They reveal that the soul that thirsts for God will be satisfied, and that knowing Christ is of surpassing worth compared to everything else.

Psalm 42:1–2 is a song of longing for God. David writes, "As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God?"

The Hebrew word for "pants" is arag, which means to pant, to long for, to cry out, or to yearn. It is the picture of a deer that has been running through the wilderness, exhausted and desperate, searching for water. It is the picture of a soul that is desperate for God. The word for "water brooks" is peleg elohim, which means channels of water or streams of water. It is the picture of a deer that is panting for the streams of water that will quench its thirst and restore its strength.

David is using this vivid image to describe his own soul's longing for God. He is saying, "As the deer pants for the water brooks, so my soul pants for You, O God. My soul thirsts for You. My soul longs for You. My soul yearns for You. You are the water that my soul needs. You are the stream that will quench my thirst. You are the fountain that will satisfy my deepest longings."

The Hebrew word for "thirsts" is tsama, which means to thirst, to be thirsty, or to long for. It is the same word used in Psalm 63:1, where David says, "O God, You are my God; early will I seek You; my soul thirsts for You; my flesh longs for You in a dry and thirsty land where there is no water." It is the same word used in Isaiah 55:1, where God says, "Ho! Everyone who thirsts, come to the waters." The point is that David was not satisfied with a casual relationship with God. He was not satisfied with a Sunday-only faith. He was not satisfied with a superficial acquaintance with the Almighty. He was thirsty for God. He was desperate for God. He was longing for God.

The phrase "for the living God" is crucial. David was not thirsting for a dead idol. He was not thirsting for a man-made religion. He was not thirsting for a distant deity. He was thirsting for the living God. He was thirsting for the God who is alive. He was thirsting for the God who acts. He was thirsting for the God who speaks. He was thirsting for the God who reveals Himself. He was thirsting for the God who is personal. He was thirsting for the God who is real.

The phrase "When shall I come and appear before God?" reveals David's deepest desire. He wanted to be in God's presence. He wanted to appear before God. He wanted to see God's face. He wanted to fellowship with God. He wanted to worship God. He wanted to be with God. That was his greatest pursuit.

Philippians 3:8 expands on this truth. Paul writes, "Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ."

The Greek word for "count" is hēgeomai, which means to consider, to regard, or to count. It is a present tense verb, indicating ongoing action. Paul is not just saying that he counted all things as loss in the past. He is saying that he continues to count them as loss. It is a settled conviction. It is a daily choice. It is a lifestyle.

The word for "loss" is zēmia, which means loss, damage, or disadvantage. It is the same word used in Acts 27:10, where Paul warns that the voyage will be with loss. It is the same word used in Acts 27:21, where Paul says that they should have listened and avoided the loss. Paul is saying, "I count all things as loss. I consider everything as a disadvantage. I regard everything as a liability. Compared to knowing Christ, everything else is a loss."

The word for "excellence" is hyperechō, which means to surpass, to excel, or to be above. It is the same word used in Philippians 2:3, where Paul says, "Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself." It is the same word used in Philippians 4:7, where Paul says that the peace of God surpasses all understanding. Paul is saying, "The knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord surpasses everything. It excels everything. It is above everything. It is the highest good. It is the greatest treasure. It is the ultimate pursuit."

The word for "knowledge" is gnōsis, which means knowledge, understanding, or acquaintance. It is not just intellectual knowledge. It is not just head knowledge. It is heart knowledge. It is relational knowledge. It is the knowledge that comes from intimate relationship. It is the knowledge that comes from walking with Christ. It is the knowledge that comes from abiding in Him. It is the knowledge that comes from loving Him. It is the knowledge that comes from knowing Him.

The word for "rubbish" is skybalon, which means dung, refuse, or garbage. It is the strongest possible word that Paul could have used. It is the word used for the filth that is thrown out with the trash. It is the word used for the waste that is discarded. It is the word used for the refuse that is worthless. Paul is saying, "I count everything as rubbish. I count everything as dung. I count everything as garbage. Because nothing compares to knowing Christ. Nothing compares to the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord."

The phrase "that I may gain Christ" reveals Paul's ultimate goal. The Greek word for "gain" is kerdainō, which means to gain, to acquire, or to win. It is the same word used in Matthew 16:26, where Jesus says, "For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?" Paul is saying, "I want to gain Christ. I want to acquire Christ. I want to win Christ. He is my prize. He is my reward. He is my treasure. He is my greatest pursuit."

The principle of pursuing God is woven throughout Scripture. Abraham pursued God. He left his homeland and his father's house to go to a land that God would show him (Genesis 12:1-4). He built altars and called on the name of the Lord (Genesis 12:8). He believed God, and it was accounted to him as righteousness (Genesis 15:6). Moses pursued God. He spoke with God face to face, as a man speaks with his friend (Exodus 33:11). He said, "If Your Presence does not go with us, do not bring us up from here" (Exodus 33:15). He said, "Please, show me Your glory" (Exodus 33:18). David pursued God. He said, "One thing I have desired of the Lord, that will I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in His temple" (Psalm 27:4). He said, "My soul follows close behind You" (Psalm 63:8). Paul pursued God. He said, "Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me" (Philippians 3:12). He said, "I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 3:14). The pattern is clear: the people of God pursue God. He is their greatest pursuit.

The example of Jesus is our ultimate model. Jesus pursued the Father. He said, "My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to finish His work" (John 4:34). He said, "I always do those things that please Him" (John 8:29). He said, "I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do" (John 17:4). Jesus pursued the Father. He sought the Father. He loved the Father. He obeyed the Father. He glorified the Father. The Father was His greatest pursuit. And He calls us to pursue the Father with the same passion.

What We Often Get Wrong

The first and most common error is that we pursue other things above God. We pursue wealth. We pursue success. We pursue happiness. We pursue purpose. We pursue relationships. We pursue pleasure. We pursue popularity. We pursue comfort. We pursue security. We pursue a thousand different things, and we put God somewhere on the list. We give Him a place, but not the first place. We give Him our attention, but not our primary attention. We give Him our pursuit, but not our greatest pursuit. But God will not be second. He will not be one among many. He wants to be first. He wants to be greatest. He wants to be your greatest pursuit.

Second, we settle for a shallow relationship with God. We are content with a Sunday-only faith. We are content with a casual acquaintance with the Almighty. We are content with a superficial knowledge of God. We do not thirst for Him. We do not pant for Him. We do not long for Him. We do not pursue Him. We are satisfied with a little, when God wants to give us much. We are satisfied with a glimpse, when God wants to give us a vision. We are satisfied with a taste, when God wants to give us a feast. We must not settle for a shallow relationship with God. We must pursue Him. We must thirst for Him. We must pant for Him. We must long for Him.

Third, we do not really know God. We know about God. We have heard about God. We have read about God. We have studied about God. But we do not know God. We do not know Him intimately. We do not know Him personally. We do not know Him relationally. We know the facts about Him, but we do not know the Person. We know the doctrine, but we do not know the God. We know the theology, but we do not know the One who is the subject of our theology. We must not be content with knowing about God. We must pursue knowing God. We must pursue the knowledge of Christ. We must pursue intimacy with Him.

Fourth, we do not count everything as loss. We hold onto our possessions. We hold onto our status. We hold onto our achievements. We hold onto our plans. We hold onto our dreams. We hold onto our comfort. We hold onto our security. We are not willing to let go of everything to gain Christ. We are not willing to suffer the loss of all things. We are not willing to count everything as rubbish. We must be willing to let go. We must be willing to lose. We must be willing to consider everything as garbage compared to knowing Christ.

Fifth, we pursue God for His gifts, not for Himself. We pursue Him for the blessing. We pursue Him for the provision. We pursue Him for the breakthrough. We pursue Him for the answer. We pursue Him for the miracle. We pursue Him for what He can do, not for who He is. But God wants to be pursued for Himself. He wants to be loved for Himself. He wants to be desired for Himself. He wants to be treasured for Himself. We must pursue God for God. Not for His gifts. Not for His blessings. Not for His miracles. But for Him.

Sixth, we give up too easily. We pursue God for a little while. We seek Him for a season. We thirst for Him for a time. But then we get distracted. We get busy. We get discouraged. We get tired. And we stop pursuing. We stop seeking. We stop thirsting. We stop panting. We must not give up. We must keep pursuing. We must keep seeking. We must keep thirsting. We must keep panting. We must keep longing. We must keep pressing on. The pursuit is lifelong. The pursuit is daily. The pursuit is moment by moment.

Seventh, we do not realize that God is the reward. We think that the reward is the blessing. We think that the reward is the provision. We think that the reward is the breakthrough. We think that the reward is the answer. We think that the reward is the miracle. But God is the reward. He is not just the one who gives the reward. He is the reward. He is not just the one who answers the prayer. He is the answer. He is not just the one who provides the blessing. He is the blessing. He is not just the one who performs the miracle. He is the miracle. He is everything. He is all in all. He is the Alpha and the Omega. He is the Beginning and the End. He is the First and the Last. He is the reward. Pursue Him. And you will find that He is more than enough.

God's Perspective

God views your pursuit of Him as the most important pursuit of your life. He created you for relationship with Him. He created you to know Him, to love Him, to worship Him, and to enjoy Him forever. He did not create you for the pursuit of wealth, or success, or happiness, or purpose. He created you for the pursuit of Himself. He wants to be your greatest pursuit. He wants to be your first love. He wants to be your primary passion. He wants to be your ultimate treasure. He wants to be your greatest pursuit.

God's perspective is that He is pursuing you. He is not a distant deity who waits for you to find Him. He is a loving Father who is pursuing you. He sent His Son to die for you. He sent His Spirit to convict you. He sends His Word to guide you. He sends His people to love you. He is pursuing you. He is chasing you. He is calling you. He is inviting you. He wants you to pursue Him, but He is already pursuing you. He wants you to seek Him, but He is already seeking you. He wants you to love Him, but He already loves you. He is the God who pursues.

God sees your thirst for Him as a gift. He puts that thirst in your soul. He puts that hunger in your heart. He puts that longing in your spirit. It is not something you manufacture. It is not something you create. It is something He places within you. He is the one who creates the thirst. He is the one who creates the hunger. He is the one who creates the longing. And He is the one who satisfies it. He says, "Ho! Everyone who thirsts, come to the waters" (Isaiah 55:1). He says, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst" (John 6:35). He is the one who puts the thirst in your soul, and He is the one who quenches it.

God's perspective is that He is worth everything. He is worth more than your possessions. He is worth more than your status. He is worth more than your achievements. He is worth more than your plans. He is worth more than your dreams. He is worth more than your comfort. He is worth more than your security. He is worth more than your life. He is worth everything. He is worth the loss of all things. He is worth counting everything as rubbish. He is worth suffering the loss of all things. He is worth it all. He is worth everything. Pursue Him. He is worth it.

God sees your pursuit of Him as the path to satisfaction. The world tells you that you will be satisfied if you pursue wealth, or success, or pleasure, or popularity. But the world is lying to you. Nothing in this world can satisfy the deepest longings of your soul. Only God can. Only God can quench your thirst. Only God can fill your hunger. Only God can satisfy your soul. He says, "For My people have committed two evils: They have forsaken Me, the fountain of living waters, and hewn themselves cisterns—broken cisterns that can hold no water" (Jeremiah 2:13). The world's cisterns are broken. They cannot hold water. But God is the fountain of living waters. He satisfies. He fulfills. He quenches. He fills. Pursue Him. And you will be satisfied.

God's perspective is that He wants you to know Him. He does not want you to know about Him. He wants you to know Him. He does not want you to know the facts about Him. He wants you to know the Person. He does not want you to know the doctrine. He wants you to know the God. He wants you to know His heart. He wants you to know His character. He wants you to know His love. He wants you to know His grace. He wants you to know His mercy. He wants you to know Him. And He says, "And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart" (Jeremiah 29:13). He wants you to find Him. He wants you to know Him. He wants you to pursue Him.

Practical Application

Make God Your First Pursuit: Make God your first pursuit. Not your second. Not your third. Not your last. Your first. Put Him first in your time. Put Him first in your resources. Put Him first in your affections. Put Him first in your decisions. Put Him first in everything. Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness (Matthew 6:33). Make Him your first pursuit.

Cultivate a Thirst for God: Cultivate a thirst for God. Ask Him to put a hunger in your soul. Ask Him to put a longing in your heart. Ask Him to put a panting in your spirit. Spend time with Him. Read His Word. Pray. Worship. The more you spend time with Him, the more you will thirst for Him. The more you know Him, the more you will want to know Him. The more you taste of His goodness, the more you will hunger for it. Cultivate a thirst for God.

Count Everything as Loss: Be willing to count everything as loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ. Be willing to let go of your possessions. Be willing to let go of your status. Be willing to let go of your achievements. Be willing to let go of your plans. Be willing to let go of your dreams. Be willing to let go of your comfort. Be willing to let go of your security. Be willing to consider everything as rubbish compared to knowing Christ. Count everything as loss. Because nothing compares to knowing Him.

Pursue Intimacy with God: Pursue intimacy with God. Not just knowledge about Him. But intimacy with Him. Talk to Him. Listen to Him. Walk with Him. Abide in Him. Remain in Him. Stay connected to Him. Draw life from Him. Let Him be your best friend. Let Him be your closest companion. Let Him be your deepest love. Pursue intimacy with God.

Satisfy Your Thirst in Him: Stop trying to satisfy your thirst with the things of this world. The world is a broken cistern. It cannot hold water. It cannot satisfy. It cannot quench. It cannot fill. Only God can. Only God can satisfy your soul. Only God can quench your thirst. Only God can fill your hunger. So satisfy your thirst in Him. Drink from the fountain of living waters. Eat the bread of life. And you will be satisfied.

Press On to Know Him: Do not settle for where you are. Press on to know Him more. Press on to know Him deeper. Press on to know Him fuller. Press on to know Him intimately. Paul said, "Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me" (Philippians 3:12). Press on. Keep pursuing. Keep seeking. Keep thirsting. Keep panting. Keep longing. Press on to know Him.

Enjoy God: Do not just pursue God. Enjoy God. Delight in Him. Rejoice in Him. Take pleasure in Him. He is not a burden. He is a blessing. He is not a chore. He is a delight. He is not a duty. He is a joy. Enjoy Him. Enjoy His presence. Enjoy His Word. Enjoy His creation. Enjoy His people. Enjoy His love. Enjoy God. Because when you enjoy God, you will pursue Him all the more.

Ask Yourself

What is my greatest pursuit?

Am I pursuing God above everything else?

Do I thirst for God?

Do I pant for God?

Do I long for God?

Am I willing to count everything as loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ?

Am I pursuing intimacy with God?

Am I satisfied in Him?

Reflection

When God becomes your greatest pursuit, everything changes. When God becomes your greatest pursuit, your priorities change. When God becomes your greatest pursuit, your passions change. When God becomes your greatest pursuit, your perspective changes. When God becomes your greatest pursuit, your life changes. Because when God is your greatest pursuit, you are pursuing the One who is the source of everything. You are pursuing the One who is the fountain of living waters. You are pursuing the One who is the bread of life. You are pursuing the One who is the light of the world. You are pursuing the One who is the way, the truth, and the life. You are pursuing the One who is everything.

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God? This is the cry of a soul that is pursuing God. This is the cry of a heart that is longing for God. This is the cry of a spirit that is thirsting for God. This is the cry of a life that is pursuing God as its greatest pursuit. Is this your cry? Is this your pursuit? Is this your longing? Is God your greatest pursuit?

Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ. This is the confession of a life that has found its greatest pursuit. This is the confession of a life that has found its greatest treasure. This is the confession of a life that has found its greatest reward. This is the confession of a life that has found Christ. Is this your confession? Have you found Christ as your greatest pursuit? Have you counted everything as loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Him? Have you considered everything as rubbish that you may gain Christ?

So make God your greatest pursuit. Cultivate a thirst for Him. Count everything as loss. Pursue intimacy with Him. Satisfy your thirst in Him. Press on to know Him. Enjoy Him. And you will discover that when God becomes your greatest pursuit, you will find that He is everything you have ever been looking for. He is the water that quenches your thirst. He is the bread that satisfies your hunger. He is the treasure that fulfills your deepest longings. He is the reward that exceeds your wildest dreams. He is everything. And when God becomes your greatest pursuit, you will find that He is more than enough.

Prayer

Father, I confess that I have pursued other things above You. I have pursued wealth, success, happiness, and purpose. I have pursued the things of this world. I have settled for a shallow relationship with You. Forgive me. Today, I choose to make You my greatest pursuit. I choose to thirst for You. I choose to pant for You. I choose to long for You. I choose to count everything as loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ. I choose to pursue intimacy with You. I choose to satisfy my thirst in You. I choose to press on to know You. I choose to enjoy You. Be my greatest pursuit. Be my first love. Be my primary passion. Be my ultimate treasure. I want to know You. I want to love You. I want to worship You. I want to enjoy You. I want to pursue You all the days of my life. You are everything. You are more than enough. In Jesus' mighty name, Amen.

Declaration

I declare that God is my greatest pursuit. I will not pursue other things above Him. I will not pursue wealth, success, happiness, or purpose above Him. I will pursue Him. I will thirst for Him. I will pant for Him. I will long for Him. As the deer pants for the water brooks, so my soul pants for You, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. I count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord. I have suffered the loss of all things. I count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ. I will pursue intimacy with Him. I will satisfy my thirst in Him. I will press on to know Him. I will enjoy Him. He is my greatest pursuit. He is my first love. He is my primary passion. He is my ultimate treasure. He is everything. He is more than enough. When God becomes my greatest pursuit, everything changes. My priorities change. My passions change. My perspective change. My life changes. God is my greatest pursuit. And I will pursue Him all the days of my life. I will pursue Him. I will pursue Him. I will pursue Him.

Concluding Scripture

📖 Psalm 42:1–2 (NKJV)
"As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God?"

A Final Word

When God becomes your greatest pursuit, everything changes. When God becomes your greatest pursuit, your priorities change. When God becomes your greatest pursuit, your passions change. When God becomes your greatest pursuit, your perspective changes. When God becomes your greatest pursuit, your life changes. Because when God is your greatest pursuit, you are pursuing the One who is the source of everything. You are pursuing the One who is the fountain of living waters. You are pursuing the One who is the bread of life. You are pursuing the One who is the light of the world. You are pursuing the One who is the way, the truth, and the life. You are pursuing the One who is everything.

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God? This is the cry of a soul that is pursuing God. This is the cry of a heart that is longing for God. This is the cry of a spirit that is thirsting for God. This is the cry of a life that is pursuing God as its greatest pursuit. Is this your cry? Is this your pursuit? Is this your longing? Is God your greatest pursuit?

Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ. This is the confession of a life that has found its greatest pursuit. This is the confession of a life that has found its greatest treasure. This is the confession of a life that has found its greatest reward. This is the confession of a life that has found Christ. Is this your confession? Have you found Christ as your greatest pursuit? Have you counted everything as loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Him? Have you considered everything as rubbish that you may gain Christ?

So make God your greatest pursuit. Cultivate a thirst for Him. Count everything as loss. Pursue intimacy with Him. Satisfy your thirst in Him. Press on to know Him. Enjoy Him. And you will discover that when God becomes your greatest pursuit, you will find that He is everything you have ever been looking for. He is the water that quenches your thirst. He is the bread that satisfies your hunger. He is the treasure that fulfills your deepest longings. He is the reward that exceeds your wildest dreams. He is everything. And when God becomes your greatest pursuit, you will find that He is more than enough.

Comments