CHRISTIAN LIFE TRAINING (3)

(Message by Tanny Keng)

0. Introduction

a) As a great amount of training is needed for athletic activities, so we must train diligently for the Christian life. Such training takes time, dedication, energy, continued practice, and vision. We must all commit ourselves to the Christian life, but we must first know the rules as prescribed in God's Word (2 Timothy 2:5).

i) 5 And also if anyone competes in athletics, he is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules. (2 Timothy 2:5 NKJV)

1. Text reference: 2 Timothy 4:7-10

i) 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing. 9 Be diligent to come to me quickly; 10 for Demas has forsaken me, having loved this present world, and has departed for Thessalonica—Crescens for Galatia, Titus for Dalmatia. (2 Timothy 4:7-10 NKJV)

2. Metaphors

a) Exercise.

3. Training

a) Spiritual exercise will help you grow in faith and character.

4. Our goal as believers ...

a) As we must repeat exercises to tone our bodies, so we must steadily repeat spiritual exercises to be spiritually fit. When we do this, we will be better Christians, living in accordance with God's will. Such a life will attract others to Christ and pay dividends in this present life and the next.


The End ...

Comments