PASSION WEEK: THURSDAY (1)

(Message by Tanny Keng)

0. Introduction

a) Sunday throughout Wednesday, Jesus spent each night in Bethany, just two miles east of Jerusalem on the opposite slope of the Mount of Olive. He probably stayed at the home of Mary, Martha, and Lazarus. Jesus spent Thursday night praying in the Garden of Gethsemane. Friday and Saturday nights Jesus' body lay in the garden tomb.

1. Day

a) Thursday.

2. Event

a) The Last Supper.

3. Text references

a) Matthew 26:26-29

i) 26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, blessed and broke it, and gave it to the disciples and said, “Take, eat; this is My body.” 27 Then He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you. 28 For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. 29 But I say to you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father’s kingdom.” (Matthew 26:26-29 NKJV)

b) Other references

i) Mark 14:22-25

ii) Luke 22:14-20


The End ...

Comments