SAFE WORD: BLESS

(Message by Tanny Keng)

0. Introduction

a) Many a time we use and speak word so easily without thinking much of whether such word is correct  to use in our daily conversation. We treat it lightly. Word such as "LUCK" is not found in the Bible and yet we often use it.

b) Why is it so necessary to learn to use and speak the correct word? Matthew 12:36-37 has a lot to say about it.

i) 36 But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. 37 For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.” (Matthew 12:36-37 NKJV)

c) We will have to give an account of ourselves (Romans 14:12), every idle (careless, empty, thoughtless, worthless) word we speak (Matthew 12:36) and every work (deed) including every secret (hidden) thing whether good or evil (Ecclesiastes 12:14) in the day of judgment. For that reason, it compels us to use and speak the correct word or words especially God's Word. It's safe to use and we can learn a lot from its intended meaning.

1. Safe word: 

a) Bless (to honor in worship; to offer approval, encouragement, or divine favor).  

2. Biblical references:

a) Genesis 12:3; 32:26  

i) I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you; And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.” (Genesis 12:3 NKJV)

ii) 26 And He said, “Let Me go, for the day breaks.” But he said, “I will not let You go unless You bless me!” (Genesis 32:26 NKJV)

b) Numbers 6:24

i) 24 “The Lord bless you and keep you. (Numbers 6:24 NKJV)

c) Psalms 34:1; 63:4; 103:1

i) I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. (Psalms 34:1 NKJV)

ii)Thus I will bless You while I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name. (Psalms 63:4 NKJV)

iii) Bless the Lord, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy name! (Psalms 103:1 NKJV)

d) Luke 6:28 

i) 28 bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you. (Luke 6:28 NKJV)

e) Romans 12:14 

i) 14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. (Romans 12:14 NKJV)

f) 1 Corinthians 4:12

i)12 And we labor, working with our own hands. Being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we endure. (1 Corinthians 4:12 NKJV)  


The End ...

Comments