GOD'S WILL: AS A PLAN / CALL (1)

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. God’s Will

a) There have been many books written to help people understand what the will of God is for their life. God’s will, in the Bible applies to all believers whereas God’s plan for your life may differ from someone else’s plan.

b) A pastor once told us that it is simple to understand God’s will for your life. All you have to do is answer 3 simple questions:

i) Is it Scriptural?

ii) Is it the desire of your heart?; and

iii) Is there a need?

c) If the answer “No” to any of these questions, then it is not God’s will or plan for you.

2. As a Plan / Call

Romans 1:9-11 
For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I mention you always in my prayers, asking that somehow by God’s will I may now at last succeed in coming to you.  For I long to see you, that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to strengthen you.

Romans 8:28-29 
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.

Romans 15:30-33 
I appeal to you, brothers, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to strive together with me in your prayers to God on my behalf, that I may be delivered from the unbelievers in Judea, and that my service for Jerusalem may be acceptable to the saints, so that by God’s will I may come to you with joy and be refreshed in your company. May the God of peace be with you all. Amen.


The End ...

Comments