TEMPTATION (3)

1. Bible Topic

a) To learn what the Bible has to say on a variety of topics affecting our everyday lives, we may find what we are looking for here.

2. Temptation

a) It is our love for God that holds us back from sin and pushes us to do what is right. It's in the Bible, 2 Corinthians 5:14, NKJV. "For the love of Christ constraineth us..."

b) Come to Jesus; He knows what you are going through. It's in the Bible, Hebrews 4:15-16, NKJV. "For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need."

c) Jesus is your strength in weakness. It's in the Bible, 2 Corinthians 12:9-10, NKJV. "And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

d) Keep God's Word close to your heart. It's in the Bible, Psalm 119:11, NKJV. "Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You."

e) Be vigilant in the last days, as the temptations and snares will only increase nearer to the end. It's in the Bible, Luke 21:34-36, NKJV. “But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly. For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth. Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man.”

f) Those who do not yield to temptation will be rewarded. It’s in the Bible, James 1:12, NKJV. Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him. 

Comments