WALK HUMBLY WITH GOD

WALK HUMBLY WITH GOD

Bible Verse: Micah 6:8

“He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?”

1-Minute Explanation

Micah summarizes practical faith through justice, mercy and humility. God is not impressed by religious activity that is disconnected from character. Walking humbly with God means recognizing that He is God and we are not. It means being willing to obey, correct our mistakes, treat people fairly and show mercy. Humility is not thinking that we have no value; it is refusing to make ourselves the centre of everything.

THE TWIST

The question is not simply, “How spiritual do I appear?” The deeper question is, “Does my relationship with God affect how I treat people?”

WHAT CAN I LEARN?

I learn that genuine spirituality must become visible in character. Justice, mercy and humility are not optional accessories to faith; they are evidence that faith is shaping life.

HOW DOES IT APPLY TO ME?

Do I treat people fairly when they cannot benefit me? Do I show mercy when I have the opportunity to condemn? Am I willing to admit when I am wrong?

FINAL REFLECTIONS

Humility keeps ministry from becoming self-promotion. It reminds me that every gift, opportunity and accomplishment is ultimately dependent upon God's grace.

PRAYER

Lord, teach me to walk humbly with You. Let my faith influence how I treat people. Give me courage to pursue justice, compassion to show mercy and humility to acknowledge my dependence upon You. Amen.

TAKEAWAY

True spirituality is revealed by how you live when nobody is watching.

Comments