MAKE YOUR LIFE COUNT
Bible Verse: Psalm 90:12
“So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.”
1-Minute Explanation
Life is temporary, and Scripture encourages us to live with that awareness. Numbering our days does not mean living in fear of death; it means recognizing that time is a gift that cannot be recovered once it has passed. Every day provides opportunities to love, serve, learn, encourage, build, forgive and fulfil God's purposes. Wisdom therefore involves using time intentionally rather than allowing life to pass without purpose.
THE TWIST
The question is not simply, “How much time do I have?” The deeper question is, “What am I doing with the time God has already given me?”
WHAT CAN I LEARN?
I learn that time is one of life's most valuable resources because once it is spent, it cannot be recovered. I should therefore become intentional about what deserves my attention. Not everything deserves my time, and not every opportunity should receive equal priority.
HOW DOES IT APPLY TO ME?
Where am I wasting time? What relationships need attention? What assignment have I been postponing? What has God placed in my hands that I should be developing now rather than waiting for a better season?
FINAL REFLECTIONS
One day I will look back and realize that the ordinary days were my life. The conversations, decisions, relationships, acts of service and quiet moments were not interruptions to my life; they were my life. I therefore want to live today in a way that I will not regret tomorrow.
PRAYER
Lord, teach me to number my days. Give me wisdom to use my time well and discernment to know what truly matters. Help me stop postponing important things and start living intentionally. Let my remaining days be fruitful, purposeful and pleasing to You. When my life is eventually measured, may it be evident that I used what You gave me for Your glory. In Jesus' name, Amen.
TAKEAWAY
Do not merely count your days; make your days count.

Comments
Post a Comment