WHAT CAN FEAR DO?

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. What can FEAR do?

a) Fear can paralyze and trap you, especially in the face of tragedy, uncertainty and circumstances beyond your control. Take courage from these verses and pray the prayer below, allowing God's promises to dispel your fears and reassure your heart.

i) "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." (Psalm 23:4 NLT)

ii) "For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline." (2 Timothy 1:7 NLT)

iii) "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."  (John 14:27 NLT)

Dear Lord,

My fear has trapped and consumed me. But I am tired of living under the weight of my fears. These verses reassure me of your presence and confirm that you are able to deliver me from my trouble. Please give me your love and your power to replace these fears. Your perfect love casts out my fear. I thank you for promising to give me the peace that only you can give. I receive that peace now as I ask you to still my troubled heart. Because you are with me, I don't have to be afraid.

Amen.


The End ...

Comments