IF A MAN DIES, SHALL HE LIVE AGAIN?: JOB BELIEVED HE WOULD

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. If A Man Dies, Shall He Live Again?

a) You could hardly think of a more important question than this. Is death the end of a person, or is there hope that death is temporary and the dead shall be resurrected (raised from death) to everlasting life? Job believed in the resurrection; so did David and Daniel. Jesus assures us of it.

Job 14:14-15  
“14 If a man dies, shall he live again? All the days of my hard service I will wait, Till my change comes. 15 You shall call, and I will answer You; You shall desire the work of Your hands.” 

2. Job Believed He Would  

a) When Job poses the question, “If a man dies, shall he live again?”, he immediately answers it: “I will wait till my change comes” (Job 14:14).

b) Job saw his life as days of hard service to God, and of patience in suffering. At the end of his life on earth, he did not expect oblivion, but a “change” for the better.

c) Job believed that, after death, God would call him and Job would be able to answer. He tells us more in Job chapter 19.

Job 19:25-27
“25 I know that my Redeemer lives,
And at the last he will stand upon the earth.
26 And after my skin has been thus destroyed,
Yet in my flesh I shall see God,
27 Whom I shall see for myself,
Whom my eyes shall behold, and not as a stranger.
How my heart yearns within me!” 


The End ...

Comments