THE PROPHET'S TESTIMONY: "FORSAKEN" BY GOD

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. The Prophets’ Testimony

a) When someone expects our trust, we look for credentials. What entitles that person to our trust? What testimony is there that this person should be believed? This applies to our faith in Jesus. He has credentials. He is not without testimony that he is truly whom he claims to be. 

b) Over the centuries, prophets had been speaking and writing about the Messiah who was to come. They foresaw many aspects of his life.

2. "Forsaken" By God

Matthew 27:46
46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, “Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?” that is, “My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?”

Psalm 22:1
To the Chief Musician. Set to “The Deer of the Dawn.” A Psalm of David.

1 My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?
Why are You so far from helping Me,
And from the words of My groaning?


The End ...

Comments