MOVING IN THE PROPHETIC | LOOK FOR VISION

1. Moving In The Prophetic 

a) We explore how you can move in the prophetic.  The Greek word for “prophesy” is propheteuo which defines as “to utter forth, declare, a thing which can only be known by divine revelation”.  To prophesy is simply to speak forth a revelation from God.  So, how we can exercise this gift?  

b) There are six keys that will help. Here is one of them.

2. Look For Vision

a) Have you ever been praying or worshiping and had a picture appear in your mind’s eye? Don’t ignore those pictures; God may be speaking to you, even if the image that appears seems insignificant. A very important key to receiving prophetic revelation is to look for visions in your mind’s eye, and then to interpret them by the Spirit. 

b) Let’s look at some biblical examples:

Jeremiah 1:11-12 (NKJV)
11 Moreover the word of the Lord came to me, saying, “Jeremiah, what do you see?” 

And I said, “I see a branch of an almond tree.” 

12 Then the Lord said to me, “You have seen well, for I am ready to perform My word.”

c) What would you do if you were praying, and then saw a picture of a branch in your mind’s eye? Would you ignore it, or would you ask God what He is saying to you? Jeremiah saw a branch of an almond tree, and God gave him the interpretation of the vision. The vision meant that God was ready to perform His word. In the Hebrew language, the words translated “almond tree” (shâqêd) and “ready” (shâqad), both have a similar sound when pronounced. Therefore, sometimes when God gives us a vision in our mind’s eye, the interpretation of it may be linked to the pronunciation of what we saw. However, sometimes the interpretation may not be linked to the pronunciation. After that vision, Jeremiah had another one, which is described below:

Jeremiah 1:11-14 (NKJV)
11 Moreover the word of the Lord came to me, saying, “Jeremiah, what do you see?”

And I said, “I see a branch of an almond tree.”

12 Then the Lord said to me, “You have seen well, for I am ready to perform My word.”

13 And the word of the Lord came to me the second time, saying, “What do you see?”

And I said, “I see a boiling pot, and it is facing away from the north.”

14 Then the Lord said to me:

“Out of the north calamity shall break forth
On all the inhabitants of the land.

d) This time, Jeremiah saw a boiling pot, tilting away from the north. This was a prophetic image which signified that disaster was going to come from the north to the inhabitants of Judah.

e) Vision was one of the main ways that God spoke to his prophets in the Bible. For instance, Habakkuk the prophet declared that he would watch to “see” what God would say to him (Habakkuk 2:1).  

Habakkuk 2:1 (NKJV)
2 I will stand my watch
And set myself on the rampart,
And watch to see what He will say to me,
And what I will answer when I am corrected.

f) It was so normal for prophets to receive their revelations in the form of visions, that before they were ever called prophets, they were called “seers” (1 Samuel 9:9).  

1 Samuel 9:9 (NKJV)
9 (Formerly in Israel, when a man went to inquire of God, he spoke thus: “Come, let us go to the seer”; for he who is now called a prophet was formerly called a seer.)

g) Therefore, an important key in seeking prophetic revelation is to look for visions in your mind’s eye. We are not to create visions using our own imagination. We should simply look for what the Lord will show us.  

Comments