INTEGRITY DOUBTED & JUDGED (1)

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. Integrity

a) Integrity is a word that is not used much in today’s English. One definition of integrity is: “the quality or state of being of sound moral principle; uprightness, honesty, and sincerity” So we can say that a good synonym for integrity is honesty.  

b) Most all of the verses that contain the word integrity are in the Old Testament, leaving only Titus 2:7 in the New Testament. Closely related verses containing the word honest or honesty are also primarily from the Old Testament. 

2. Integrity Doubted And Judged


Job 2:9 
Then his wife said to him, “Do you still hold fast your integrity? Curse God and die.”  

Job 31:4-8 
Does not he see my ways and number all my steps? “If I have walked with falsehood and my foot has hastened to deceit; (Let me be weighed in a just balance, and let God know my integrity!) if my step has turned aside from the way and my heart has gone after my eyes, and if any spot has stuck to my hands, then let me sow, and another eat, and let what grows for me be rooted out. 


The End ...

Comments