ANGER & VENGEANCE (2)

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. Temper

a) Many people can identify with the problem of having a temper or showing anger.  If we are honest with ourselves, we all fight this issue in our lives.  With some people the issue with anger is a habitual sin the keeps occurring over and over again.  For others, it is a problem that rears its ugly head in our life from time to time.  

b) But what does the Bible say about temper and anger?  Is it a sin to be angry?  Is it always a sin to be angry?  Scripture has much to say on this topic, as often our anger is the outflow of often a deeper spiritual problem. 

2. Anger and Vengeance

Psalms 37:8   
Refrain from anger, and forsake wrath!  Fret not yourself; it tends only to evil.

Ecclesiastes 10:4  
If the anger of the ruler rises against you,  do not leave your place,  for calmness will lay great offenses to rest.

Ezekiel 25:14 
And I will lay my vengeance upon Edom by the hand of my people Israel, and they shall do in Edom according to my anger and according to my wrath, and  they shall know my vengeance, declares the Lord GOD. 


The End ...

Comments