BEING CONFIDENT & COURAGEOUS (2)

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. Confidence

a) The definition of the word confidence according to Webster's dictionary is "faith or belief that one will act in a right, proper, or effective way." That definition shows the importance of confidence in the life of a follower of Jesus Christ.

b) People that know the Lord should live differently than the rest of the world. The Bible speaks of this throughout the pages of God's word. This started all the way back in the Old Testament when the Israelites were told to act in a way different than the rest of the cultures at that time. There were to have this type of confidence in the Lord and act and live in an effective way.


2. 
Being confident and courageous 

Joshua 1:7  
Only be strong and very courageous, being careful to do according to all the law that Moses my servant commanded you.  Do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may have good success wherever you go.

Joshua 1:9 
"Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.”

Isaiah 40:31  
But they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

Isaiah 41:10  
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. 


The End ...

Comments