GOD IS STILL WORKING
There are seasons in life when you look around and wonder, “God, are You still doing something?” You have prayed. You have waited. You have believed. Yet nothing seems to have changed. The situation looks the same. The door remains closed. The answer has not arrived. The circumstances may even appear to be moving in the opposite direction.
But what you see is not the complete picture.
GOD IS STILL WORKING.
One of the greatest challenges of faith is learning to trust God when there is no visible evidence of what He is doing. We naturally judge progress by what we can see. If the situation improves, we conclude that God is working. If nothing changes, we are tempted to think that God has become silent, distant, or inactive.
But God does not stop working simply because we cannot see His activity.
There are things God can be doing behind the scenes that you cannot yet recognize. He may be preparing a person, arranging circumstances, closing the wrong door, opening the right one, changing your heart, developing your character, protecting you from something you cannot see, or positioning you for something that has not yet arrived.
The absence of visible movement does not mean the absence of divine activity.
KEY SCRIPTURE
“My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.” — John 5:17
Jesus made it clear that the Father is continually at work. God's activity is not limited to the moments when we recognize a miracle, receive an answer, or experience an obvious breakthrough.
God works in visible ways, but He also works in hidden ways.
Sometimes His work is seen immediately. Sometimes His work becomes visible only after months or years. Sometimes we do not understand what He was doing until we look backward and realize that what appeared to be a delay was actually preparation.
Joseph could not see the purpose of the pit when his brothers threw him into it. He could not see the purpose of slavery when he was taken into Egypt. He could not see the purpose of prison when he was falsely accused.
Yet God was working.
What looked like one setback after another was actually part of a larger process that eventually positioned Joseph for leadership in Egypt.
The pit was not the end.
The prison was not the end.
The waiting was not the end.
God was working throughout the process.
WHEN YOU CANNOT SEE WHAT GOD IS DOING
There will be moments when God does not explain Himself to you.
You may ask, “Why is this happening?”
You may pray, “Lord, when will things change?”
You may wonder, “Why hasn't God answered yet?”
But faith does not require you to understand everything before you trust God.
If you could see everything God was doing, you would not need faith to trust Him.
Faith often begins where human visibility ends.
“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” — 2 Corinthians 5:7
You see today.
God sees tomorrow.
You see the problem.
God sees the purpose.
You see the delay.
God sees the preparation.
You see the closed door.
God sees what is on the other side.
You see one chapter.
God sees the entire story.
That is why you cannot determine God's faithfulness simply by examining your present circumstances.
GOD MAY BE WORKING THROUGH THE DELAY
Sometimes we assume that if God has not answered, He must not be listening.
But Scripture repeatedly shows us that God's timing is not always immediate.
Abraham received a promise, but he had to wait.
Joseph received dreams, but he had to endure a process.
David was anointed king, but he did not immediately sit on the throne.
Moses spent years in the wilderness before stepping into his assignment.
The disciples waited in Jerusalem before the outpouring of the Holy Spirit.
The promise may be certain while the timing remains hidden.
This is where many people become discouraged. They mistake delay for denial and silence for absence.
But God's delay does not mean God's abandonment.
Sometimes God makes you wait because He is preparing you for what you have asked Him to bring.
You may be asking God for a bigger opportunity while God is preparing your character for the responsibility that comes with it.
You may be asking for greater influence while God is developing greater humility.
You may be asking for increase while God is teaching you stewardship.
You may be asking God to change your circumstances while God is first changing you.
The process may feel slow, but slow does not mean pointless.
GOD IS WORKING IN YOU TOO
We often ask God to change everything around us while overlooking what He wants to change within us.
But sometimes the greatest work God is doing is not around you.
It is in you.
God can use waiting to develop patience.
He can use disappointment to deepen your dependence upon Him.
He can use uncertainty to strengthen your faith.
He can use closed doors to redirect your steps.
He can use difficult seasons to mature your character.
He can use moments when you have no answers to teach you how to trust Him without answers.
The season you wish would end may be producing something in you that you will need in the season you are praying for.
That is why you should not waste your waiting.
Ask God, “Lord, what are You developing in me while I am waiting for You to change my circumstances?”
That question can transform your entire perspective.
THE TWIST
Here is the twist:
You may be waiting for God to work around you while God is already working within you.
You may be looking for the miracle while God is preparing the person who will carry the miracle.
You may be looking for the open door while God is preparing you to walk through it.
You may be asking God to move the mountain while He is teaching you how to trust Him while standing in front of it.
Not every work of God is immediately visible.
Some of God's deepest work happens beneath the surface.
A seed can be buried in darkness and still be growing.
The fact that you cannot see the roots does not mean nothing is happening.
The same is true spiritually.
Hidden does not mean inactive.
Silent does not mean absent.
Delayed does not mean denied.
Unseen does not mean unreal.
God can be doing something significant even when your circumstances appear unchanged.
WHAT CAN I LEARN?
I can learn that I should not measure God's activity by what I can see.
There are times when nothing appears to be happening, but God is preparing something beyond my present understanding.
I can learn to stop demanding immediate evidence before I trust God.
I can learn that waiting is not necessarily wasted time. Waiting can become a classroom where God teaches me patience, obedience, endurance, humility, wisdom, and deeper faith.
I can also learn that God's silence does not give me permission to abandon my faith.
When I cannot see His hand, I can still trust His heart.
God has already demonstrated His faithfulness throughout Scripture. Therefore, I do not need to panic simply because I cannot yet see the outcome.
HOW DOES IT APPLY TO ME?
If you are currently waiting for something, do not assume that nothing is happening.
Keep praying.
Keep believing.
Keep obeying.
Keep serving.
Keep preparing.
Keep doing what God has already instructed you to do.
Do not abandon your assignment simply because the results are taking longer than expected.
Do not allow temporary circumstances to convince you that God has permanently forgotten you.
And do not make permanent decisions based on temporary frustration.
There may be more happening than you realize.
Perhaps God is arranging circumstances you cannot see.
Perhaps He is preparing people you have not yet met.
Perhaps He is closing doors that would have harmed you.
Perhaps He is preparing an opportunity that is not ready yet.
Perhaps He is strengthening you because what is coming will require greater maturity.
You do not have to know everything God is doing.
You simply need to trust the One who does.
FINAL REFLECTION
Sometimes faith means saying:
“God, I don't understand what You are doing, but I trust You.”
Sometimes faith means continuing when you have no visible confirmation.
Sometimes faith means praying again after yesterday's prayer seemed unanswered.
Sometimes faith means remaining faithful when nobody notices.
Sometimes faith means refusing to quit when the evidence around you says, “Give up.”
Remember this:
God does not need your permission to work.
He does not need you to understand His methods.
He does not need you to see every step.
He simply asks you to trust Him.
What looks like nothing may actually be preparation.
What looks like delay may actually be divine timing.
What looks like an ending may actually be a transition.
What looks like silence may actually be God working in ways you cannot yet see.
So don't give up yet.
Don't conclude the story before God has finished writing it.
GOD IS STILL WORKING.
CONCLUSION
Your present situation is not the final evidence of God's plan.
You may not see the answer yet.
You may not see the breakthrough yet.
You may not see the provision yet.
You may not see the restoration yet.
You may not see the open door yet.
But that does not mean God is doing nothing.
The God who worked in Joseph's pit, David's wilderness, Moses' waiting season, Abraham's long expectation, and the disciples' period of waiting is still the same God today.
He has not changed.
If He has given you a promise, trust Him.
If He has asked you to wait, wait with faith.
If He has not explained Himself, trust His wisdom.
If you cannot see what He is doing, trust His character.
And if you are tempted to give up, remember:
THE STORY IS NOT OVER.
GOD IS STILL WORKING.
PRAYER
Heavenly Father, I thank You because You are still working even when I cannot see what You are doing.
Forgive me for the times I have mistaken Your silence for absence, Your delay for denial, or my lack of understanding for Your lack of activity.
Teach me to trust You beyond what I can see. Give me patience when I have to wait, strength when I become discouraged, and faith when circumstances appear unchanged.
Help me understand that You may be working not only around me but also within me. Use every waiting season to develop my character, strengthen my faith, deepen my relationship with You, and prepare me for what You have ahead.
When I cannot see the way forward, help me trust Your direction.
When I cannot see the answer, help me trust Your timing.
When I cannot see Your hand, help me trust Your heart.
I choose today not to give up.
I choose to keep believing.
I choose to keep praying.
I choose to keep trusting.
Because I know that You are still working.
In Jesus' name, Amen.
BIBLE REFERENCE:
Philippians 1:6 — “He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.”

Comments
Post a Comment