YOU ARE HERE FOR A PURPOSE
Bible Verse: Esther 4:14
“And who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?”
1-Minute Explanation
Esther's position was not merely about personal privilege. God placed her in a position where her influence could become an instrument of deliverance. Our opportunities, relationships, abilities and positions may carry responsibilities beyond ourselves. God may have placed us somewhere not simply for our benefit, but so that we can become a blessing to others. What looks like an ordinary position can become an extraordinary opportunity when surrendered to God's purposes.
THE TWIST
The question is not simply, “What can I get from this opportunity?” The deeper question is, “Why has God placed me here?” Your position may be an assignment. Your influence may be an opportunity for ministry. Your experience may become someone else's encouragement. The place where God has positioned you may carry a purpose that extends far beyond your personal ambitions.
WHAT CAN I LEARN?
I learn that purpose is greater than personal comfort. God can strategically position people to accomplish His purposes. He can use our careers, families, relationships, experiences, resources, gifts and influence as instruments for His Kingdom. The important thing is whether we recognize these opportunities and respond faithfully.
HOW DOES IT APPLY TO ME?
Where has God placed me? Who has He placed around me? What opportunities do I currently have to encourage, serve, teach, help or influence others for Christ? I should stop waiting for a “perfect” opportunity and faithfully use the opportunities already in front of me. Perhaps the assignment I am waiting for has already arrived in the form of the people and circumstances surrounding me today.
FINAL REFLECTIONS
Perhaps where I am today is not accidental. Perhaps the people I meet, the opportunities I receive and even some of my experiences are part of a larger assignment. God can use an ordinary person who is willing to respond to an extraordinary opportunity. My life becomes more meaningful when I stop asking only what God can do for me and begin asking what God wants to do through me.
PRAYER
Lord, show me why You have placed me where I am. Give me spiritual sensitivity to recognize opportunities to serve Your purposes. Do not allow me to become so focused on myself that I miss the people You have placed in my path. Use my life, my gifts, my experiences and my opportunities for Your Kingdom. Give me courage to respond when You call me to step forward, serve others and make a difference. In Jesus' name, Amen.
TAKEAWAY
Where God has placed me may be part of what God wants to accomplish through me.

Comments
Post a Comment