A DAY OF SALVATION: WHEN WILL GOD SAVE?

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. A Day Of Salvation

a) A main thread running through the book of Isaiah is the message of salvation. He tells us that although so many people set their hearts against God, there are some who are righteous, who will be saved from the awful destruction that God brings upon the wicked.

2. When Will God Save?

Isaiah 49:8
8 Thus says the Lord,
“In a favorable time I have answered You,
And in a day of salvation I have helped You;
And I will keep You and give You for a covenant of the people,
To restore the land, to make them inherit the desolate heritages.

a) "Thus says the Lord, 'In a favorable time I have answered you, and in a day of salvation I have helped you...'" (Isaiah 49:8). Paul quotes this passage and then says, "Behold now is 'the acceptable time', behold now is the 'day of salvation'" (2 Corinthians 6:2).

b) None of us has the slightest idea of when this time will end. God promises to save us now, not later, so we must believe now and obey now, not later.


The End ...

Comments