BIBLICAL VIEW | DISCIPLINE (2)

1. Introduction

Proverbs 29:15 New Living Translation (NLT)

15 To discipline a child produces wisdom, but a mother is disgraced by an undisciplined child.

2. GOD disciplines us...

a) Manasseh

2 Chronicles 33:12 New Living Translation (NLT)

12 But while in deep distress, Manasseh sought the Lord his God and sincerely humbled himself before the God of his ancestors.

b) David

Psalm 119:67 New Living Translation (NLT)

67 I used to wander off until you disciplined me;
    but now I closely follow your word.

Psalm 119:71 New Living Translation (NLT)

71 My suffering was good for me,
    for it taught me to pay attention to your decrees.
 

 Psalm 119:75 New Living Translation (NLT)

75 I know, O Lord, that your regulations are fair;
    you disciplined me because I needed it.


c) The Prodigal Son

Luke 15:13-17 New Living Translation (NLT)

13 “A few days later this younger son packed all his belongings and moved to a distant land, and there he wasted all his money in wild living. 14 About the time his money ran out, a great famine swept over the land, and he began to starve. 15 He persuaded a local farmer to hire him, and the man sent him into his fields to feed the pigs. 16 The young man became so hungry that even the pods he was feeding the pigs looked good to him. But no one gave him anything.

17 “When he finally came to his senses, he said to himself, ‘At home even the hired servants have food enough to spare, and here I am dying of hunger!

Micah 6:9 New Living Translation (NLT)

Fear the Lord if you are wise!
    His voice calls to everyone in Jerusalem:
“The armies of destruction are coming;
    the Lord is sending them.


d) The purpose is to drive foolishness away... 

Comments