GOD CAN USE EVERY SEASON
Bible Verse: Romans 8:28
“And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.”
1-Minute Explanation
Not everything that happens to us is good. Scripture does not teach that suffering, disappointment or failure are automatically good. It teaches that God can work through all things for His purpose. God can use victories to teach us gratitude, failures to teach us humility, difficulties to develop perseverance and unexpected seasons to redirect our lives. The important question is not only, “Why is this happening?” It is also, “What is God doing through this?”
THE TWIST
Instead of asking only, “Why did God allow this?” ask, “What is God teaching me through this?” A painful season can become a classroom. A closed door can become divine redirection. A disappointment can expose something that God wants to change within us. Even seasons that we would never have chosen can become seasons in which God develops our character and prepares us for what lies ahead.
WHAT CAN I LEARN?
I learn that God is working even when I cannot see what He is doing. My present season is not necessarily my final destination. God can use every experience to shape my character and accomplish His purposes. I may not understand the reason for a particular season immediately, but I can remain confident that God is able to bring purpose out of circumstances.
HOW DOES IT APPLY TO ME?
What am I currently experiencing? Am I resisting the season or seeking God within it? What is this season teaching me about faith, patience, character, obedience or dependence upon God? Instead of wasting the season complaining about it, I should ask God to show me its purpose and help me respond correctly.
FINAL REFLECTIONS
God is not limited by my circumstances. He can take broken pieces and use them to build something meaningful. He can redeem wasted years. He can transform lessons from painful seasons into wisdom for future assignments. What I presently see as a setback may become part of the preparation for something God intends to accomplish through my life.
PRAYER
Lord, help me to see my present season through Your eyes. When I experience disappointment, help me learn. When I experience success, help me remain humble. When I experience difficulty, strengthen my faith. Do not allow me to waste what You are trying to teach me. Give me patience when I cannot see the outcome and faith to continue trusting You. Use every season of my life for Your glory and Your purpose. In Jesus' name, Amen.
TAKEAWAY
God may not have caused every situation, but He can use every situation for His purpose.

Comments
Post a Comment