PUT ON THE NEW YOU
Bible Verse: Ephesians 4:23–24
“And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; and that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.”
1-Minute Explanation
Following Christ involves transformation in the way we think and live. Paul speaks about putting off the old patterns and putting on the new person. Christianity is not merely changing external behaviour while leaving the inner mindset untouched. Genuine transformation begins in the mind and works its way into attitudes, words, decisions and relationships.
THE TWIST
The question is not simply, “What behaviour should I change?” The deeper question is, “What thinking needs to be renewed so that my behaviour can change?”
WHAT CAN I LEARN?
I learn that lasting transformation requires renewed thinking. If I continue thinking according to old patterns, I will eventually return to old behaviours.
HOW DOES IT APPLY TO ME?
What thoughts repeatedly influence my behaviour? Do I think from fear, insecurity, pride, bitterness or selfish ambition? I need to replace destructive patterns with the truth of God's Word.
FINAL REFLECTIONS
Transformation is not merely becoming a better version of the old self. It is learning to live according to the new life Christ has established within me.
PRAYER
Lord, renew my mind. Expose thinking patterns that do not reflect Your truth. Teach me to think differently, respond differently and live differently because Christ is transforming me from within. Amen.
TAKEAWAY
A transformed life begins with a renewed mind.

Comments
Post a Comment