DO NOT LOSE HEART

DO NOT LOSE HEART

Bible Verse: 2 Corinthians 4:16

“For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.”

1-Minute Explanation

Paul acknowledges that outward circumstances can become difficult, yet he refuses to lose heart. The Christian life includes pressures that can affect the body, emotions and circumstances. But God can continually renew the inner person. This means that even when life becomes physically or externally exhausting, spiritual renewal remains possible through God's presence, Word and grace.

THE TWIST

The question is not simply, “How difficult is my situation?” The deeper question is, “What is God renewing inside me while I go through it?”

WHAT CAN I LEARN?

I learn that external weakness does not automatically mean spiritual defeat. A person may be going through a difficult season and still be growing deeper in faith, patience and dependence upon God.

HOW DOES IT APPLY TO ME?

Have I interpreted difficulty as evidence that God has abandoned me? Am I paying attention only to what is deteriorating externally while ignoring what God is developing internally?

FINAL REFLECTIONS

Some seasons take something from us while God simultaneously develops something within us. The outward situation may be difficult, but the inward work of God can continue.

PRAYER

Lord, renew me day by day. When I become tired, discouraged or overwhelmed, remind me that You are still working within me. Give me strength to continue and grace to see what You are developing through this season. Amen.

TAKEAWAY

Even when you are becoming weary outwardly, God can renew you inwardly.

Comments