ACCEPTABLE ANGER (2)

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. Temper

a) Many people can identify with the problem of having a temper or showing anger.  If we are honest with ourselves, we all fight this issue in our lives.  With some people the issue with anger is a habitual sin the keeps occurring over and over again.  For others, it is a problem that rears its ugly head in our life from time to time.  

b) But what does the Bible say about temper and anger?  Is it a sin to be angry?  Is it always a sin to be angry?  Scripture has much to say on this topic, as often our anger is the outflow of often a deeper spiritual problem. 

2. Acceptable Anger

Numbers 16:15 
And Moses was very angry and said to the LORD,  “Do not respect their offering.  I have not taken one donkey from them, and I have not harmed one of them.”

Nehemiah 5:6-7 
I was very angry when I heard their outcry and these words.  I took counsel with myself, and I brought charges against the nobles and the officials. I said to them,  “You are exacting interest, each from his brother.” And I held a great assembly against them.

Psalms 2:12   
Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and you perish in the way, for his wrath is quickly kindled.  Blessed are all who take refuge in him. 


The End ...

Comments