HOW SHOULD WE PRAY?

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. Prayer 

a) God speaks to us through His written word, the Bible. Christians speak to God through prayer. Prayer is an important part of the Christian’s life; we pray in words and sometimes we pray in song. 

2. How Should We Pray?

Psalms 66:17 
I cried to him with my mouth, and high praise was on my tongue.

Psalms 95:2 
Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise!

James 1:6 
But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind.

Matthew 6:9-13 
After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

1 Corinthians 14:15 
What am I to do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will pray with my mind also; I will sing praise with my spirit, but I will sing with my mind also. 


The End ...

Comments