JESUS ENCOURAGED HIS DISCIPLES TO GO & PREACH THE GOSPEL

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. Missions

a) The concept of crossing geographical or cultural boundaries to carry the teachings of God goes all the way back to the Old Testament. Missions didn’t start with the Great Commission, but has been a part of God’s plan since the beginning.  Take a look at what the Bible says about missions.

Isaiah 6:8

“Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.” 

2.
Jesus Encouraged His Disciples To Go And Preach The Gospel

Matthew 24:14 
“And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.”

Matthew 28:19, 20 
“Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”

Mark 16:15 
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.”

Luke 24:47 
“And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.”

Acts 1:8 
“But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.” 


The End ...

Comments