KINGS ENCOURAGED PEOPLE TO DECLARE THE GLORY OF THE LORD

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. Missions

a) The concept of crossing geographical or cultural boundaries to carry the teachings of God goes all the way back to the Old Testament. Missions didn’t start with the Great Commission, but has been a part of God’s plan since the beginning.  Take a look at what the Bible says about missions.

Isaiah 6:8

“Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.” 

2.
Kings Encouraged People To Declare The Glory Of The Lord

2 Kings 17:27, 28 
“Then the king of Assyria commanded, saying, Carry thither one of the priests whom ye brought from thence; and let them go and dwell there, and let him teach them the manner of the God of the land. Then one of the priests whom they had carried away from Samaria came and dwelt in Bethel, and taught them how they should fear the LORD.”

1 Chronicles 16:23, 24 
“Sing unto the LORD, all the earth; shew forth from day to day his salvation. Declare his glory among the heathen; his marvellous works among all nations.”

Psalm 18:49 
“Therefore will I give thanks unto thee, O LORD, among the heathen, and sing praises unto thy name.”

Psalm 96:3 
“Declare his glory among the heathen, his wonders among all people.” 


The End ...

Comments