You Are Not Forgotten
A 5-Minute Devotional for Busy People
Minute 1: The Hook
You've been edged out.
Passed over for the promotion you earned. Left out of the group chat. Unseen by the people who should have noticed you were drowning. Maybe even forgotten by the very system that promised to help — the doctor who ran out of answers, the church that moved on without you, the friend who stopped returning calls.
And in the crush of a world that only has time for the loud, the trending, and the useful, you've started to believe the arithmetic: If they don't see me, I don't count.
But what if the crowd's amnesia is the very thing that makes room for the only gaze that matters?
Minute 2: The Scripture
Read Mark 5:25–34 (ESV):
"And there was a woman who had had a discharge of blood for twelve years... She had heard the reports about Jesus and came up behind him in the crowd and touched his garment. For she said, 'If I touch even his garments, I will be made well.' And immediately the flow of blood dried up, and she felt in her body that she was healed of her disease. And Jesus, perceiving in himself that power had gone out from him, immediately turned about in the crowd and said, 'Who touched my garments?' ... But the woman, knowing what had happened to her, came in fear and trembling and fell down before him and told him the whole truth. And he said to her, 'Daughter, your faith has made you well; go in peace, and be healed of your disease.'"
Minute 3: The Twist
Here's the twist that will stop your heart:
Jesus was on His way to save a dying child — and He stopped for the invisible woman.
Jairus, a synagogue ruler, had begged Jesus to come heal his daughter before she died. The clock was ticking. A crowd was pressing. And in the chaos, a woman who had been bleeding for twelve years — ritually unclean, medically untreatable, socially untouchable — reached out.
The Greek word for perceiving in verse 30 is epiginōskō — it means to know thoroughly, to recognize fully, to understand completely. Jesus didn't just feel power leave. He recognized her. In a swarm of bodies, He singled out the one person everyone else had learned to step around.
For twelve years, she had been forgotten by physicians who took her money and gave her nothing. Forgotten by a religious system that labeled her unclean. Forgotten by a crowd that treated her like a ghost. And in one moment, the Son of God turned the entire procession around to look her in the eye and call her Daughter.
The crowd pressed Jesus. She touched Him. And He stopped the miracle parade to make sure the forgotten one knew: "I see you. I know you. I came for you."
You may be invisible to the algorithm. Overlooked by the boardroom. Ignored by the people who should have fought for you. But the One who holds the galaxies has already turned around in the crowd to find you.
Minute 4: The Practice
Five minutes. Three moves. Right now.
Stop trying to be seen by the crowd. Whisper: "I don't need their attention. I have His." One glance from Jesus outweighs a thousand approvals from people.
Reach out in the chaos. You don't need a formal appointment. You don't need to clean yourself up first. In your current mess, touch the edge of His garment. One honest prayer. One raw moment. That's enough.
Receive your name. He didn't call her "Bleeding Woman." He called her Daughter. Ask Him: "God, what name do You have for me that nobody else knows?" Then carry it today.
Minute 5: The Prayer
Lord, I've been stepped over, passed by, and forgotten by people who should have seen me. I've been bleeding in the crowd while the world rushed to more important appointments. But Your Word says Jesus stopped — for me. You turned around. You recognized what nobody else did. Today, I stop performing for a crowd that keeps moving, and I reach for the hem of Your garment. Call me by name. Let me hear "Daughter" or "Son" over the noise. I am not forgotten, because You are the God who stops. In Jesus' name, Amen.
One Sentence to Carry With You Today:
The crowd may have stepped over you, but Jesus turned around for you.
Now go. You don't need the crowd's permission to be seen. You already have His.

Comments
Post a Comment