PURSUE PEACE
Bible Verse: Hebrews 12:14
“Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord.”
1-Minute Explanation
Peace does not happen automatically. Scripture tells us to pursue it. This means that we should not deliberately create unnecessary conflict, nurture resentment or allow pride to control our relationships. Pursuing peace does not mean avoiding every difficult conversation or compromising truth. Sometimes peace requires honest communication, forgiveness and appropriate boundaries. Biblical peace is not weakness; it is disciplined strength under the control of Christ.
THE TWIST
The question is not simply, “Who started the conflict?” The deeper question is, “What can I do to pursue peace without compromising truth?”
WHAT CAN I LEARN?
I learn that I am responsible for my response even when I cannot control another person's behaviour. I cannot force reconciliation, but I can choose to act with grace and integrity.
HOW DOES IT APPLY TO ME?
Is there a relationship where pride is preventing peace? Am I holding onto an argument because I need to be proven right? Where appropriate, I should take the initiative to communicate, forgive and seek peace.
FINAL REFLECTIONS
Sometimes peace begins when someone decides that winning the argument is less important than preserving the relationship.
PRAYER
Lord, make me a peacemaker. Give me wisdom to know when to speak, when to listen and when to remain silent. Remove pride and resentment from my heart and help me pursue peace while remaining faithful to truth. Amen.
TAKEAWAY
Peace often begins with the person who is willing to take the first step.

Comments
Post a Comment