GOD IS SOVEREIGN 3: OVER OUR LIVES

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. God Is Sovereign Over Our Lives

a) God has not only made plans for our lives, although we still have free will, He has appointed for us to do good works for Him as Paul writes, “For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do” (Ephesians 2:10).  

b) God has planned good works for us to do, prepared in advance.  That’s part of the reason that He created us “for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose” (Philippians 2:13).  

c) God was intentional with us when he planned for us to be born as Paul says, “God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased” (Galatians 1:15).

d) Jeremiah was no exception, as God tells him, “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations“ (Jeremiah 1:5). 

e) The same thing for Isaiah as it is written, “Listen to me, you islands; hear this, you distant nations: Before I was born the LORD called me; from my birth he has made mention of my name” (Isaiah 49:1). 


The End ...

Comments