GOD MAY SAY NO: 2 CORINTHIANS 12:6-10

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. God May Say No

a) God as our Heavenly Father wants to give his children those things or circumstances that will be for their good and which will glorify Him (Matthew 7:11). He desires that we pray at all times to Him and expect an answer from Him (Hebrews 11:6). However, He may say no to our request if His purpose and His will be better served in another way to glorify His name and be a witness to others.

2. 2 Corinthians 12:6-10  

a) Paul prayed that his "thorn in the flesh" be removed. Paul's horn was not removed, so that Christ would be glorified, not himself, and to keep him from becoming proud. 

2 Corinthians 12:6-10 
6 For even if I wish to boast, I will not be a fool, for I would be telling the truth, but I refrain from this so that no one may regard me beyond what he sees in me or what he hears from me, 7 even because of the extraordinary character of the revelations. Therefore, so that I would not become arrogant, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to trouble me—so that I would not become arrogant. 8 I asked the Lord three times about this, that it would depart from me. 9 But he said to me, “My grace is enough for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” So then, I will boast most gladly about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may reside in me. 10 Therefore I am content with weaknesses, with insults, with troubles, with persecutions and difficulties for the sake of Christ, for whenever I am weak, then I am strong.


The End ...

Comments