TONGUES AS OF FIRE

1. A Matchstick And Fire

a) On 12th October 2016 (Wed) @2.35 am, the Lord vividly showed me a matchstick. Earlier, I saw a picture of fire burning. 

b) I was pondering, "Why a matchstick and a picture of fire burning." Then a thought came to me. It only takes a spark to set a fire burning. The striking of the matchstick shall set a spark aflame and fire burning.

James 3:5  
5 ... See how great a forest is set aflame by such a small fire!

2. Tongues As Of Fire

Acts 2:1-4 
2 When the day of Pentecost had come, they were all together in one place. 2 And suddenly there came from heaven a noise like a violent rushing wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3 And there appeared to them tongues as of fire distributing themselves, and they rested on each one of them. 4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit was giving them utterance. 

Matthew 3:11 
11 “As for me, I baptize you with water for repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, and I am not fit to remove His sandals; He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Luke 24:49
49 And behold, I am sending forth the promise of My Father upon you; but you are to stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high.”

Acts 1:8
8 but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.” 

Comments