HABAKKUK - THE PROCEDURE FOR PRAYER

(Message by Tanny Keng)

0. Introduction 

a) The book of Habakkuk devotes its last chapter to a prayer. All of God's people - young or old, rich or poor, powerful or lowly - have the same vital access to their loving heavenly Father. Prayer is our direct line to God. The purposes and procedures may vary, and problems may at times hinder it, but it is always our lifeline to the Master.

b) Let's look at the procedure for prayer.

1. The procedure for prayer

a) Pour out your troubles

i) 2 I pour out my complaint before Him; I declare before Him my trouble. (Psalms 142:2 NKJV)

b) Plead for help for your needs

i) 16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. (Hebrews 4:16 NKJV) 
 
c) Tune in to God constantly

i) 17 pray without ceasing. (1 Thessalonians 5:17 NKJV)

d) Ask in Jesus' name

i) 14 If you ask anything in My name, I will do it. (John 14:14 NKJV)

e) Believe an answer will come

i) 22 And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive. (Matthew 21:22 NKJV)


The End ...

Comments