WISE DAVID

(Message by Tanny Keng)

0. Introduction

a) The special description "wise" is used for 12 significant people in the Bible. They can be helpful models in our own pursuit of wisdom.

b) Here is one of them.

1. The person: David 

a) Their role: Wise leader

b) Text reference: 2 Samuel 14:19-24

i) 19 So the king said, “Is the hand of Joab with you in all this?” And the woman answered and said, “As you live, my lord the king, no one can turn to the right hand or to the left from anything that my lord the king has spoken. For your servant Joab commanded me, and he put all these words in the mouth of your maidservant. 20 To bring about this change of affairs your servant Joab has done this thing; but my lord is wise, according to the wisdom of the angel of God, to know everything that is in the earth.”

21 And the king said to Joab, “All right, I have granted this thing. Go therefore, bring back the young man Absalom.” 22 Then Joab fell to the ground on his face and bowed himself, and thanked the king. And Joab said, “Today your servant knows that I have found favor in your sight, my lord, O king, in that the king has fulfilled the request of his servant.” 23 So Joab arose and went to Geshur, and brought Absalom to Jerusalem. 24 And the king said, “Let him return to his own house, but do not let him see my face.” So Absalom returned to his own house, but did not see the king’s face. (2 Samuel 14:19-24 NKJV)

c) How they practiced wisdom

@1. Never let his failures keep him from the source of wisdom - reverence for God.


The End ...

Comments