YOUR SEASON WILL COME

YOUR SEASON WILL COME

Life is made up of seasons.

There is a season to begin.

A season to grow.

A season to build.

A season to wait.

A season to reap.

A season to move forward.

KEY SCRIPTURE

“To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.” — Ecclesiastes 3:1

One of the reasons we become discouraged is because we compare our season with someone else's.

Someone else is experiencing increase while you are experiencing preparation.

Someone else is receiving recognition while you are serving quietly.

Someone else seems to be moving ahead while you appear to be standing still.

But different seasons have different purposes.

DON'T COMPARE YOUR SEASON

David was anointed king long before he sat on the throne.

There was a gap between the promise and the manifestation.

During that gap, David learned leadership, courage, warfare, dependence upon God, and endurance.

The waiting season was not irrelevant.

It was preparation for the next season.

GOD KNOWS THE SEASON

You don't have to manufacture your season.

You don't have to compete with everyone.

You don't have to become frustrated because someone else arrived somewhere before you.

Your assignment is to be faithful where God has placed you now.

THE TWIST

Your present season may look small because you are measuring it by what you want next.

But God may be measuring it by what He is accomplishing now.

WHAT CAN I LEARN?

I can learn to value my current season.

I can learn that preparation is not punishment.

I can learn that comparison steals gratitude and peace.

HOW DOES IT APPLY TO ME?

Ask:

“What does God want me to learn in this season?”

“What should I build?”

“Who should I become?”

“How can I serve faithfully today?”

FINAL REFLECTION

Instead of asking only, “When will my season change?” ask, “Am I being faithful in the season I am currently in?”

CONCLUSION

Your season will come.

But until it does, don't waste the present season wishing for another one.

Be faithful now.

PRAYER

Lord, help me embrace the season You have given me. Remove comparison and impatience from my heart. Teach me to be faithful in small things and prepared for greater responsibilities. When my next season comes, may I be ready for it. In Jesus' name, Amen.

BIBLE REFERENCE: Ecclesiastes 3:1; 1 Samuel 16:1–13; Psalm 75:6–7.

Comments