WORD OF FRIENDSHIP (1)

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. Bible Verses and Quotes 

a) Read Bible passages about friendship and how friends relate to love, hurt, wounds, healing, joy, encouragement and death. The Holy Bible has many Bible verses about friendship in relation to God, Jesus Christ, and the Christian faith.

Proverbs 18:24
A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.

Proverbs 22:24-25
Do not make friends with a hot-tempered man, do not associate with one easily angered,  or you may learn his ways and get yourself ensnared.

Proverbs 27:5-6
Better is open rebuke than hidden love.  Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses.

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10
Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work:  If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!

John 15:12-15
My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.  Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.  You are my friends if you do what I command.  I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.

Proverbs 17:17
A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Proverbs 13:20
He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm.


The End ...

Comments