BIBLE VIEW: EYES OF GOD (1)

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. Introduction

Proverbs 15:3 New Living Translation (NLT)


The Lord is watching everywhere, keeping his eye on both the evil and the good.

2. The eyes of the Lord are in every place...

a) How revealing and life-changing it was to the rejected slave-girl Hagar, in the desert with Ishmael to see the GOD who sees her in her most desperate hour...
 
b) Hagar- abandoned and alone with her son in the desert place...


Genesis 16:13 New Living Translation (NLT)

13 Thereafter, Hagar used another name to refer to the Lord, who had spoken to her. She said, “You are the God who sees me.” She also said, “Have I truly seen the One who sees me?”

c) The Lord talked to Hagar.

d) Hagar began to use a new name for God. She said to him, “You are ‘God Who Sees Me."

e) Hagar said this because she thought, “I see that even in this place God sees me and cares for me!”

f) Something happens when GOD talks to us...it is life transforming, an experience beyond which words cannot describe...

g) But there are several sides to this truth, some are comforting, others are terrifying!

Psalm 139:1-6 New Living Translation (NLT)

O Lord, you have examined my heart
    and know everything about me.
You know when I sit down or stand up.
    You know my thoughts even when I’m far away.
You see me when I travel
    and when I rest at home.
    You know everything I do.
You know what I am going to say
    even before I say it, Lord.
You go before me and follow me.
    You place your hand of blessing on my head.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too great for me to understand!
 
h) While it is good to see the Hagar-like intervention, there are other implications we need to explore...

 
The End ... 

Comments