WAIT FOR GOD

WAIT FOR GOD

There are times when you can make something happen before God makes something happen.

You can force a door.

You can manipulate circumstances.

You can rush a decision.

You can accept something simply because you are tired of waiting.

But the fact that you can make something happen does not necessarily mean it is what God wants you to make happen.

Sometimes the greater expression of faith is not action.

It is waiting.

KEY SCRIPTURE

“Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart.” — Psalm 27:14

Waiting on God means trusting His timing instead of forcing your own.

It means believing that what God provides in His time is better than what you can manufacture in your impatience.

DON'T FORCE THE DOOR

A door can open and still not be God's door.

An opportunity can appear and still not be God's opportunity.

A relationship can develop and still not be God's direction.

Money can become available and still not mean you should proceed.

Circumstances alone should not determine spiritual direction.

This is why discernment matters.

Sometimes God says “yes.”

Sometimes God says “not yet.”

Sometimes God says “no.”

And sometimes He simply asks you to wait until His direction becomes clearer.

THE TWIST

Here is the twist:

The thing you are trying desperately to make happen may be the very thing God is asking you to release.

We sometimes become so attached to an outcome that we stop listening for God's direction.

We tell God what we want.

Then we ask Him to bless our plan.

But genuine surrender says:

“Lord, I want Your will more than I want my preferred outcome.”

That is difficult.

But that is faith.

WHAT CAN I LEARN?

I can learn that waiting protects me from unnecessary mistakes.

I can learn that God's timing can be safer than my urgency.

I can learn that impatience can cause me to accept things that God never intended for me.

I can learn to wait without becoming passive.

Waiting means remaining attentive to God while continuing to do what He has already instructed me to do.

HOW DOES IT APPLY TO ME?

If you are waiting for direction, don't panic.

Seek God.

Study Scripture.

Pray.

Seek wise counsel where appropriate.

Examine your motives.

Watch circumstances without allowing circumstances alone to dictate your decisions.

And give God room to lead.

You don't have to force everything.

If something is truly God's purpose, you do not need to manipulate it into existence.

FINAL REFLECTION

Waiting can feel like doing nothing.

But spiritually, waiting can be an act of profound trust.

You are saying:

“God, I believe Your timing is better than mine.”

You are saying:

“I would rather wait for Your best than rush into my own preference.”

You are saying:

“I trust You enough not to force the outcome.”

That is faith.

CONCLUSION

Don't rush simply because you are uncomfortable.

Don't force simply because you are impatient.

Don't settle simply because you are tired.

WAIT FOR GOD.

His timing may challenge your patience, but His wisdom will never fail.

PRAYER

Father, teach me to wait for You.

Give me discernment when I am tempted to force circumstances.

Keep me from rushing ahead because I am impatient.

Help me desire Your will more than my own timetable.

Give me courage to wait and wisdom to recognize Your direction.

I trust that Your timing is better than mine.

In Jesus' name, Amen.

BIBLE REFERENCE:

Psalm 37:7 — “Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him.”

Comments