INTERCESSION (4)

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1.  Intercession

a) A Priest is one who intercedes for a person, a family, a city, or a nation, before God.  

b) All Disciples of Jesus are called to be royal priest.

(Matthew 16:19 NKJV)
And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.

(1 Timothy 2:1-4 NKJV)
Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 

2. Other Scriptures

(Job 42:7-10 NKJV) 
And so it was, after the LORD had spoken these words to Job, that the LORD said to Eliphaz the Temanite, “My wrath is aroused against you and your two friends, for you have not spoken of Me what is right, as My servant Job has. {8} “Now therefore, take for yourselves seven bulls and seven rams, go to My servant Job, and offer up for yourselves a burnt offering; and My servant Job shall pray for you. For I will accept him, lest I deal with you according to your folly; because you have not spoken of Me what is right, as My servant Job has.” {9} So Eliphaz the Temanite and Bildad the Shuhite and Zophar the Naamathite went and did as the LORD commanded them; for the LORD had accepted Job. {10} And the LORD restored Job’s losses when he prayed for his friends. Indeed the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before.

(Psalms 106:23 NKJV) 
Therefore He said that He would destroy them, Had not Moses His chosen one stood before Him in the breach, To turn away His wrath, lest He destroy them.

(Isaiah 58:6 NKJV) 
“Is this not the fast that I have chosen: To loose the bonds of wickedness, To undo the heavy burdens, To let the oppressed go free, And that you break every yoke?


The End ...

Comments