GOD CAN RESTORE WHAT WAS LOST

GOD CAN RESTORE WHAT WAS LOST

Bible Verse: Joel 2:25

“And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten.”

1-Minute Explanation

There are losses in life that cannot simply be recovered by human effort. Time may have been wasted, opportunities may have been missed, relationships may have been damaged, and seasons may have been lost. Yet God is a God of restoration. Restoration does not always mean receiving back exactly what was lost or returning to the past. Sometimes God restores by creating something new from what appeared to be wasted. He can redeem the lessons, experiences and consequences of difficult seasons and use them for His purposes.

THE TWIST

The question is not simply, “What have I lost?” The deeper question is, “What can God still build from the years I thought were wasted?”

WHAT CAN I LEARN?

I learn that my past does not have the final word. God can redeem broken seasons and bring fruit from places that once seemed barren.

HOW DOES IT APPLY TO ME?

Am I continually mourning what cannot be changed? Is there something I need to surrender to God so that I can begin building again? Restoration may require forgiveness, repentance, patience and a willingness to start again.

FINAL REFLECTIONS

God does not waste surrendered pain. What I thought was only a season of loss may eventually become part of the testimony through which I encourage someone else.

PRAYER

Lord, I place my losses and disappointments into Your hands. Restore what can be restored, redeem what cannot be recovered and teach me to move forward without being imprisoned by the past. Let even difficult seasons become useful in Your hands. Amen.

TAKEAWAY

What looks wasted to you may still become useful in God's hands.

Comments