LET YOUR WORD BE TRUSTWORTHY

LET YOUR WORD BE TRUSTWORTHY

Bible Verse: Matthew 5:37

“But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay.”

1-Minute Explanation

Jesus teaches the importance of integrity in communication. A trustworthy person does not need complicated explanations, manipulation or constant promises to establish credibility. Their yes means yes and their no means no. Integrity means that our words and actions correspond. In a world where promises can be made casually and forgotten easily, consistency becomes a powerful Christian witness.

THE TWIST

The question is not simply, “Do people hear me?” The deeper question is, “Can people trust what I say?”

WHAT CAN I LEARN?

I learn that credibility is built slowly through consistent truthfulness. Character is demonstrated when nobody is forcing me to keep my word.

HOW DOES IT APPLY TO ME?

Do I make promises too quickly? Do I say yes because I want to please people and then fail to follow through? I should learn to speak honestly, make realistic commitments and keep my word.

FINAL REFLECTIONS

Ministry credibility is not built merely through preaching or public recognition. It is built through the quiet consistency between what we say and what we do.

PRAYER

Lord, make me a person of integrity. Help me speak honestly, make wise commitments and keep my word. Let my character support my testimony so that people can see Christ reflected not only in what I preach but also in how I live. Amen.

TAKEAWAY

A trustworthy life makes your words believable.

Comments