YOUR IDENTITY IS IN CHRIST
Bible Verse: 2 Corinthians 5:17
“Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”
1-Minute Explanation
The Gospel does not merely improve the old life; it creates something new. When a person comes to Christ, identity is no longer determined solely by past failures, achievements, social status or other people's opinions. Christ gives a new identity and a new direction. The past may remain part of the testimony, but it no longer has to define the future.
THE TWIST
The question is not simply, “What have I done?” The deeper question is, “Who am I becoming in Christ?”
WHAT CAN I LEARN?
I learn that my past does not have to become my permanent identity. God's grace can transform people. Spiritual growth involves learning to live according to the new identity Christ has given rather than continually returning to old patterns.
HOW DOES IT APPLY TO ME?
Am I still defining myself by past failures? Am I allowing other people's opinions to determine my value? Do my present choices reflect the new life Christ has given me?
FINAL REFLECTIONS
I am not required to remain the person I once was. Christ calls me forward. My past can become a testimony of grace rather than a prison of shame.
PRAYER
Lord, help me live from my identity in Christ. Heal the influence of my past and teach me not to define myself by failures, rejection or human opinions. Help me become increasingly like Christ and live according to the new life You have given me. In Jesus' name, Amen.
TAKEAWAY
My past may explain part of my story, but Christ determines who I am becoming.

Comments
Post a Comment