PRAY BIBLE PROMISES: 2 SAMUEL

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. Bible Prayers

a) There is no best prayer known other than to pray accordingly to His Word. This is one sure way of experiencing what His Word says in our lives as we identify and agree with what He has said in His Word.

b) There are more than 7,200 prayers in the Bible. Below are some examples that you may want to use by yourself, in a group, or be creative and pass along ways others may be able to use it.

2. Pray Bible Promises

a) 2 Samuel 1:1 King James Version (KJV)

Now it came to pass after the death of Saul, when David was returned from the slaughter of the Amalekites, and David had abode two days in Ziklag.

Lord, thank You for the record of 2-Samuel, which details the beginning of Your servant David, as King over Israel.

b) 2 Samuel 16:6-12 King James Version (KJV)

And he cast stones at David, and at all the servants of king David: and all the people and all the mighty men were on his right hand and on his left.

And thus said Shimei when he cursed, Come out, come out, thou bloody man, and thou man of Belial:

The Lord hath returned upon thee all the blood of the house of Saul, in whose stead thou hast reigned; and the Lord hath delivered the kingdom into the hand of Absalom thy son: and, behold, thou art taken in thy mischief, because thou art a bloody man.

Then said Abishai the son of Zeruiah unto the king, Why should this dead dog curse my lord the king? let me go over, I pray thee, and take off his head.

10 And the king said, What have I to do with you, ye sons of Zeruiah? so let him curse, because the Lord hath said unto him, Curse David. Who shall then say, Wherefore hast thou done so?

11 And David said to Abishai, and to all his servants, Behold, my son, which came forth of my bowels, seeketh my life: how much more now may this Benjamite do it? let him alone, and let him curse; for the Lord hath bidden him.

12 It may be that the Lord will look on mine affliction, and that the Lord will requite me good for his cursing this day.

Lord, give me the ability to see your instruction in any oppression or correction I may receive. If I am blameless, or I accept your instruction, may you repay me with good for any cursing or hardship I may endure.

c) 2 Samuel 22:26-28 King James Version (KJV)

26 With the merciful thou wilt shew thyself merciful, and with the upright man thou wilt shew thyself upright.

27 With the pure thou wilt shew thyself pure; and with the froward thou wilt shew thyself unsavory.

28 And the afflicted people thou wilt save: but thine eyes are upon the haughty, that thou mayest bring them down.

Lord, cause me to be merciful and show me Your mercy. Cause me to be upright and show me Your uprightness.  Cause me to be pure and show me Your pureness. Keep me from disobedience, and do not show me Your displeasure. When I am afflicted, and not being prideful or disobedient, I will trust You to save me.


The End ...

Comments