THE GRACE OF GOD (1)

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. The Grace of God

a) Grace is an undeserved free gift, undeserved favor, and undeserved love.

(2 Peter 3:18 KJV)
But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

b) All of the other religions of the world offer salvation by works. They say if you become good enough you can work your way to God, you must go through procedures and sufferings and rituals to get to God. Some religions say that you can become a god, this appeals to man’s pride. Just as when pride entered into Satan and he said, “I will be like the Most High God”, and he became God’s enemy. The new age religions all pickup on this theme, that you can become a god. It is not new; even in the Garden of Eden Satan tempted Eve by telling her if she ate the fruit that she would become like God.

c) Only through Jesus Christ we are offered grace, a free gift. This is contrary to human nature, which in pride says I can do it myself. Our attitude is, “my life is my own and I will do with it as I please.” 

d) Jesus says yes I gave you life and I gave you power to choose, it is your choice. So we choose love and give our life to Jesus, and rest in Him, or we choose pride becoming God’s enemy, trying to work and climb up to heaven another way besides through Jesus.  

(John 14:6 NKJV) 
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.


The End ...

Comments