WHY JESUS CAME? (8)

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. Why Jesus came?

a) Jesus came to Earth for you. What is most important about Jesus’ mission to Earth is that it directly affects your life now and forever. Jesus came to restore your relationship to God the Father. The death of Jesus on the cross is the most important event in history that affects your life directly. If you choose to believe and receive Jesus’ body and blood as a sacrifice for your sins, and you are willing to give Him your life, then you receive His life. The teachings of Jesus are very important because His Words judge us.

b) Everything about Jesus mission on Earth is about saving us from our sins. The name Jesus means “Jehovah saves”, the word salvation means to rescue. Jesus’ name describes His mission and purpose of coming to Earth. Jesus gives us the Way, the Truth, and Life. Jesus gave us the way to have unity with God and to become one with God our Father.

c) In the scriptures below when Jesus talks about bringing division, even in families, He is talking about the cost of loving Him. The greatest commandment is to love God with all of your being. Jesus said to him, ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself. ’On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.” Matthew 22:37 – 40 There are times when loving God more than people causes division between us and other people. Ultimately Jesus came to seek and to save that which is lost, even His enemies and your enemies. Jesus did not come to take sides He came to draw people to His side. This is the kind of division Jesus talks about but which will ultimately bring true unity and peace between the Creator and His creation.

2. Other Scriptures 

(John 12:23-33)  
But Jesus answered them, saying, “The hour has come that the Son of Man should be glorified. {24} “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much grain. {25} “He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. {26} “If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor. {27} “Now My soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save Me from this hour’? But for this purpose I came to this hour. {28} “Father, glorify Your name.” Then a voice came from heaven, saying, “I have both glorified it and will glorify it again.” {29} Therefore the people who stood by and heard it said that it had thundered. Others said, “An angel has spoken to Him.” {30} Jesus answered and said, “This voice did not come because of Me, but for your sake. {31} “Now is the judgment of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out. {32} “And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all peoples to Myself.” {33} This He said, signifying by what death He would die.

(John 12:44-50)  
Then Jesus cried out and said, “He who believes in Me, believes not in Me but in Him who sent Me. {45} “And he who sees Me sees Him who sent Me. {46} “I have come as a light into the world, that whoever believes in Me should not abide in darkness. {47} “And if anyone hears My words and does not believe, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world. {48} “He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him; the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day. {49} “For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak. {50} “And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak.”


The End ...

Comments