WHY JESUS CAME? (9)

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. Why Jesus came?

a) Jesus came to Earth for you. What is most important about Jesus’ mission to Earth is that it directly affects your life now and forever. Jesus came to restore your relationship to God the Father. The death of Jesus on the cross is the most important event in history that affects your life directly. If you choose to believe and receive Jesus’ body and blood as a sacrifice for your sins, and you are willing to give Him your life, then you receive His life. The teachings of Jesus are very important because His Words judge us.

b) Everything about Jesus mission on Earth is about saving us from our sins. The name Jesus means “Jehovah saves”, the word salvation means to rescue. Jesus’ name describes His mission and purpose of coming to Earth. Jesus gives us the Way, the Truth, and Life. Jesus gave us the way to have unity with God and to become one with God our Father.

c) In the scriptures below when Jesus talks about bringing division, even in families, He is talking about the cost of loving Him. The greatest commandment is to love God with all of your being. Jesus said to him, ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself. ’On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.” Matthew 22:37 – 40 There are times when loving God more than people causes division between us and other people. Ultimately Jesus came to seek and to save that which is lost, even His enemies and your enemies. Jesus did not come to take sides He came to draw people to His side. This is the kind of division Jesus talks about but which will ultimately bring true unity and peace between the Creator and His creation.

2. Other Scriptures 

(John 14:1-17)  
“Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. {2} “In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. {3} “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. {4} “And where I go you know, and the way you know.” 

{5} Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?” 

{6} Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. 

{7} “If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him.” 

{8} Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us.” 

{9} Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? {10} “Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. {11} “Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves. 

{12} “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. {13} “And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. {14} “If you ask anything in My name, I will do it. 

{15} “If you love Me, keep My commandments. {16} “And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever; {17} “the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. {18} “I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.


The End ...

Comments