THE MESSAGE OF THE CROSS (12)

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. The message of the Cross

a)The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written: “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, And bring to nothing the  understanding of the prudent.”

2. Other Scriptures 

(2 Corinthians 4:3-6 NKJV) 

But even if our Gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, {4} whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the Gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them. {5} For we do not preach ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord, and ourselves your bondservants for Jesus’ sake. {6} For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

(Galatians 1:3-9 NKJV) 

Grace to you and peace from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ, {4} who gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, {5} to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen. {6} I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, {7} which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the Gospel of Christ. {8} But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other Gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. {9} As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other Gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.

(Galatians 2:19-21 NKJV) 

“For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God. {20} “I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. {21} “I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.”

(Galatians 5:22-26 NKJV) 

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, {23} gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. {24} And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. {25} If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. {26} Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.


The End ...

Comments