LOVE LIKE YOUR FATHER IN HEAVEN (1)

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. Love like your Father in Heaven 

We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. By this, love is perfected with us, so that we may have confidence in the day of judgment; because as He is, so also are we in this world. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. (1 John 4:16-18) 

a) Love is obeying God, what may be love for one person may not be for another. We each have a unique position in the body of Christ. Commands are given from the love command center, the throne of God, through the Holy Spirit to us. We also have the written word of God, the Bible tells us what love is and what it is not. True love always agrees with God’s word. 

Jesus says, “If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love. These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full.” (John 15:10-11 NKJV) 

b) The fruit of love is always joy and peace in the presence of God. God can only dwell in an environment of love. Love creates a home for God to live in. When we obey, we are walking with God in love. The ways of God are the ways of love. 

And what does the LORD require of you, but to do justice, to love loving kindness, and to walk humbly with your God! (Micah 6:8 ONM)

c) The greatest love includes sacrifice. The greatest symbol of love is Jesus on the cross paying for your sins. 

This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. (John 15:12-14 NKJV) 


The End ...

Comments