THE BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST: FEASTING ON JESUS (1)

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. The Blood of Jesus Christ  

a) For if the blood of bulls and goats and the ashes of a heifer, sprinkling the unclean, sanctifies for the purifying of the flesh, how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? (Hebrews 9:13-14)

2. Feasting on Jesus 

a) If you can receive this teaching of Jesus, and then put it into practice, your life will be dramatically changed. Spiritually feeding on Jesus body and drinking His blood will fill you with His very life, because the life is in the blood, (Deuteronomy 2:23).  

Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you. “Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. “For My flesh is food indeed, and My blood is drink indeed. “He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him. “As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who feeds on Me will live because of Me. (John 6:53-57)  

b) Food gives us nourishment, strength, and satisfaction. Jesus is our spiritual source of nourishment, strength, and satisfaction.

c) Read John chapter 6, it begins with Jesus feeding a multitude with only five barley loaves and two small fish. The next day some of the people set out to find Jesus. 

And when they found Him on the other side of the sea, they said to Him, “Rabbi, when did You come here?” Jesus answered them and said, “Most assuredly, I say to you, you seek Me, not because you saw the signs, but because you ate of the loaves and were filled. “Do not labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to everlasting life, which the Son of Man will give you, because God the Father has set His seal on Him.” (John 6:25-27)

d) Jesus taught that He is to be our food and drink. He is our source of life. 

Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For My flesh is food indeed, and My blood is drink indeed. He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him. As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who feeds on Me will live because of Me.” (John 6:53-57)

e) After Jesus told the people that they needed to eat His flesh and drink His blood some of His followers left Him. They were offended at the thought of such things. The message of the cross and the blood that Jesus shed always separates the spiritually minded people from the carnal minded. After the offended people left Jesus, He told His disciples, 

“It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.” (John 6:63) 

Spiritual things are spiritually discerned. (1 Corinthians 2:14) 

f) Jesus is obviously speaking spiritually about drinking His blood.


 
The End ...

Comments